11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YodaMaster

It's getting ridiculous indeed. Dembele might be injury prone, I don't know for a fact.

What I know though is that we have plenty players playing with injuries this season. Messi, Umtiti, Suarez, Arthur.
Barca's medical staff used to be one of the best in the last decade. But they're clearly doing something wrong atm.
That freaking hamstring injury happened 100 times in the last 3 years for different Barca players.

Kuchi

Yea..play malcom as a super sub, lord and saviour can fuck off back to bundeslinga or wherever...as long as we get 60 mil or so..

Gaudi

It's getting ridiculous indeed. Dembele might be injury prone, I don't know for a fact.

What I know though is that we have plenty players playing with injuries this season. Messi, Umtiti, Suarez, Arthur.
Barca's medical staff used to be one of the best in the last decade. But they're clearly doing something wrong atm.
That freaking hamstring injury happened 100 times in the last 3 years for different Barca players.

It could be down to fitness coaches not medical stuff

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is a blow to us regardless. Even though Valverde probably would not have started him next Tuesday anyways but still he would have been a sub for sure. Now not only will we have to play Coutinho, we don't even have an attacking sub. Malcom would be the only one left I guess.

Potroh

Dembele had not been injury prone before joining Barca.

But usually the really injury prone players also tend to get injured in training, as a matter of fact most of those returning injuries happen in training (like Vermaelen, Robben, etc.)

Dembele always got injured while playing, which shows a different sensibility of his.
Namely that either he does the warmup wrong or he tries to run faster than in training, which shows that he is too stiff in some muscular aspect when under max pressure.

But this tendency is something that can be dealt with, actually I have known quite a few players with this problem and it can be changed easily if the fitness coaches or the medical staff pays due attention to this tendency...

JedBanker

His injuries could also just be due to genetics. A club like Barca cant have a player injured for 50% of the season, we are not Arsenal. Its unfortunate but i think are best course of action is just to cut our losses. Tbh he was at the end of the day a panic buy. I wonder if the circumstances had been different, would we have bought him? I tend to think not, he never really has fit our system anyway.

Trafalgar

So we Sell Cou and Dembélé, and Malcom is proly leaving this summer ... So technically we should buy 3 wingers this summer to replace them lol ...

Kuchi

Against ajax in the ucl final he would have been easily neutralized, they press high and meet up the attacker as quickly as possible, and dembfail has poor first touch & close control...and vs. Liverpool, well if we need his prick ass to cling as a saviour (like rome) well..we're proper fucked than.

So chill, more worried by vidal comming on, rather than this prick having his 4th injury...

MagIX

It is a blow to us regardless. Even though Valverde probably would not have started him next Tuesday anyways but still he would have been a sub for sure. Now not only will we have to play Coutinho, we don't even have an attacking sub. Malcom would be the only one left I guess.

Or better now than next Tuesday. Given that he gets injured often, most likeky he would get injured anyway tuesday

MTL_Barca

His injuries could also just be due to genetics. A club like Barca cant have a player injured for 50% of the season, we are not Arsenal. Its unfortunate but i think are best course of action is just to cut our losses. Tbh he was at the end of the day a panic buy. I wonder if the circumstances had been different, would we have bought him? I tend to think not, he never really has fit our system anyway.

We tried to sign him earlier so i don't think fitting our system was a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans