11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
@LarsPollmann: Zorc: We've a clear understanding with Dembele that he'll take the next steps here. He could play for Barca at some point, but not next year

That's great news. I think he could use at least another year at BVB where he is pretty much guaranteed as a starter so he can further develop with enough playing time which we can not guarantee right now.

What I don't know is if he meant "next season" instead of "next year". Because if it had been the latter that means the earliest we will sign Dembele would be in the summer 2019 window, two years from now?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's great news. I think he could use at least another year at BVB where he is pretty much guaranteed as a starter so he can further develop with enough playing time which we can not guarantee right now.

What I don't know is if he meant "next season" instead of "next year". Because if it had been the latter that means the earliest we will sign Dembele would be in the summer 2019 window, two years from now?

He meant next season.

Makes sense. Sign Dembele in 2018 or 2019. Would be more polished as a footballer and he's a Barca fan and would be waiting for us. He already told Robert that he want to play for us, but he had to develop at Dortmund first.

F

FlaFCB

Not sure this is the best. If Barça next coach decides on keeping the 343, or even a 4213, we'll need a rw. If they buy one, then dembele will have no place. Rafinha won't be the rw next season, and I doubt Messi wants to go back there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He meant next season.

Makes sense. Sign Dembele in 2018 or 2019. Would be more polished as a footballer and he's a Barca fan and would be waiting for us. He already told Robert that he want to play for us, but he had to develop at Dortmund first.

Yeah, let's see how that goes, hopefully he won't be snatched by another club simply because they offer more money or a guaranteed spot or our management has a brain fart and decides not to sign him.

If the desire is mutual I am sure BVB will let him join us, the question is just how much. I hope he joins us first before Aubameyang joins Real Madrid. ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure this is the best. If Barça next coach decides on keeping the 343, or even a 4213, we'll need a rw. If they buy one, then dembele will have no place. Rafinha won't be the rw next season, and I doubt Messi wants to go back there.

True but he can play all three positions (his natural best is actual LW, and then RW and CAM). Plus, there isn't any good RW in the market right now, right? So if we buy one next season, that player will just have to be benched when Dembele joins. ;)

DonAK

Yeah, let's see how that goes, hopefully he won't be snatched by another club simply because they offer more money or a guaranteed spot or our management has a brain fart and decides not to sign him.

If the desire is mutual I am sure BVB will let him join us, the question is just how much. I hope he joins us first before Aubameyang joins Real Madrid. ;)

He was smart enough to reject us and Bayern, so I think he'll wait. At least I hope so.

F

FlaFCB

True but he can play all three positions (his natural best is actual LW, and then RW and CAM). Plus, there isn't any good RW in the market right now, right? So if we buy one next season, that player will just have to be benched when Dembele joins. ;)
Why not bring him, then? If he were to be a starter. Guess he'd love to play with msn.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Why not bring him, then? If he were to be a starter. Guess he'd love to play with msn.

For starters, BVB doesn't want to let him go now, he is a starter for them. Secondly, I don't think we can offer him any concrete playing time. Sitting on the bench at age 20 is not good for him. We don't know what the next manager will do with the formation etc.

DonAK

Sign Bernardo Silva for now. He can play in the RW position and when we sign Dembele and Iniesta starts taking the back seat, he can slot into Don's position together with a CM, perhaps Aleña if he makes it.

God Serena

I don't think our next manager will be sticking with the 3-4-3 tbh. I really think the 4-3-3 would work if we used players appropriate to the positions. Wingers as CMs and CMs and RBs have killed us. If we renovate the squad as we desperately need to Dembele can wait, imo.

F

FlaFCB

I don't think our next manager will be sticking with the 3-4-3 tbh. I really think the 4-3-3 would work if we used players appropriate to the positions. Wingers as CMs and CMs and RBs have killed us. If we renovate the squad as we desperately need to Dembele can wait, imo.

Unless a great rb is signed, one Messi can play with, he'll keep playing centrally. I'm not even sure he'd move back to rw even then.

gasgas

Unless a great rb is signed, one Messi can play with, he'll keep playing centrally. I'm not even sure he'd move back to rw even then.

Messi will continue playing more centrally whether we sign Douglas or the next Alves,
He is not playing centrally because there's no good RB that he likes :rolleyes:

God Serena

Personally, I don't care where Messi plays. If he wants to play centrally I say buy a winger.

Oh.

Shit.

Nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans