11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedd

A defense composed by 3 players ? Except if Dembele and Neymar accept to play an important role in defensive tasks, it will not work. It's not Football Manager ... it's real football.

It would also depends on the type of mids you have in front of Busi.Ousmane and Neymar could just press high untill players behind them switch to a defensive mode where mids cover the flank that needs to be covered. Plus i don't see why it wouldn't work with Dembele when it already works with Rafihna.

Messi983

A defense composed by 3 players ? Except if Dembele and Neymar accept to play an important role in defensive tasks, it will not work. It's not Football Manager ... it's real football.

Neymar has been very good defensively this season so I don't think that would be a problem. Didn't watch Dembele enough to know how he's doing in defense but he's still a kid so he probably still has to learn tactical discipline in defensive work. If he's willing to work hard in defense then I don't see any problems playing him in that formation either and I would be patient with him despite some possible early defensive struggles given his immense attacking potential.

But if we want to play that 3-4-3 or almost 3-3-4 formation longterm then we need different type of midfielders and I don't think we are willing to reconstructure our midfield setup that much. Maybe a midfield like Busquets-N'Zonzi-Verratti with Messi as AMC could work in that system. If we get Sampaoli then N'Zonzi would be a realistic target but we'll never get Verratti.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How many players there would make that clever pass instead of shooting?

Tells you that he's not only talented, but also a smart footballer.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona is waiting for this kid in two-three years time :tito:

Too long, there's a good chance he'll have exploded by then. Barca need to stop this routine of waiting until players are outrageously expensive and unattainable to move in for a transfer. Dembele will already be expensive enough in the near future, 2-3 years is simply too long in football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we're going to play with a system where Messi plays in a central role and a RW is needed, then go for him.

CanadianCanadian

I understand that, but with Neymar, Suarez and Messi he wouldn't get nearly as much playing time as he does in Dortmund. We will have to either sign him this summer or next and i don't agree with that. Better to let him develop and mature further than cut his growth to save 10 million Euro

Jombi

I understand that, but with Neymar, Suarez and Messi he wouldn't get nearly as much playing time as he does in Dortmund. We will have to either sign him this summer or next and i don't agree with that. Better to let him develop and mature further than cut his growth to save 10 million Euro

Then you have to try to sign him from PSG, City, Chelsea or some other rich club because he aint going to stay in Dortmund for years even if we let him. There are other clubs prowling.

CanadianCanadian

Then you have to try to sign him from PSG, City, Chelsea or some other rich club because he aint going to stay in Dortmund for years even if we let him. There are other clubs prowling.

So we pay 30+ Million Euro right now to play him where? He won't be ahead of Messi or Neymar. Only thing we could do is change formation and id rather we not force players and disrupt the teams balance. Barcelona will always have to pay these fees for world class talent, but we can offset that by scouting ahead. Of course the thing i would do is buy him and loan him back to Dortmund for another season or two. That way we own him and he gets to stay and develop, win-win for both clubs

Jombi

So we pay 30+ Million Euro right now to play him where? He won't be ahead of Messi or Neymar. Only thing we could do is change formation and id rather we not force players and disrupt the teams balance. Barcelona will always have to pay these fees for world class talent, but we can offset that by scouting ahead. Of course the thing i would do is buy him and loan him back to Dortmund for another season or two. That way we own him and he gets to stay and develop, win-win for both clubs

Just saying that arguably the best player in Germany this season at 19 years old wont stay in Dortmund for as long as you think. If we wanted to sign him and loan him, that should have been done last season. We are not going to pay a record breaking fee (30m is a laughable sum for Dembele) and loan him out for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans