11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHorozov

From the mentioned names I think he is the most realistic one. Doubt Dortmund will refuse to take something in the region of 100 million euros for him ...

He is one for the future without a doubt and I really hope we do not miss on him, whether it will be this or next summer ...

Thing is he is way more comfortable/natural on the right side, so not sure how we will cope with that if we do not buy someone for the left as well ...

Maybe, just maybe, the departure of Neymar could oblige us trying/going for 4-2-3-1 if we take for example Coutinho and Dembele with Neymar's money ...

Thiago10

From the mentioned names I think he is the most realistic one. Doubt Dortmund will refuse to take something in the region of 100 million euros for him ...

He is one for the future without a doubt and I really hope we do not miss on him, whether it will be this or next summer ...

Thing is he is way more comfortable/natural on the right side, so not sure how we will cope with that if we do not buy someone for the left as well ...

Maybe, just maybe, the departure of Neymar could oblige us trying/going for 4-2-3-1 if we take for example Coutinho and Dembele with Neymar's money ...

That's exactly what I was thinking as well. We'll have to wait and see whether Valverde plans on playing Messi in the middle, but we could definitely build an insane team with the right transfers:
Suarez
Coutinho - Messi - Dembele

I reckon that could do some serious damage.

jamrock

If we don't sign this guy whether or not neymar leaves, because neymar leaving should only mean pushing it forward one season

Then i will jump off a bridge.

That's right this board will be responsible for my demise

behindbrowneyes

Why do you think that? In his professional career Dembélé played the same amount of games as LW as as RW. His stats as LW are better. His best position may be AM though. However, this guy is just 20 and seems to be very versatile. Thing with class players is that they can adapt to situations. Remember Suárez playing on the right side before Messi came up with the idea to move back to the wing and let Suárez play as number 9?

What I like most about Dembélé is his forward drive.

clemente

I think we are sleepinng right now, Neymar transfer is gonna finish soon and I think we should make purchases before it happens.

Messi983

It wouldn't make much difference. Whole world knows that Neymar will leave and we'll be full of money so other clubs will drive up prices.

BBZ8800

It wouldn't make much difference. Whole world knows that Neymar will leave and we'll be full of money so other clubs will drive up prices.

About that part, PSG, City and Man Utd always had money.
With that logic, teams should know that these teams have an unlimited amount of money and every transfer like Sane, Draxler, Jesus, Bernardo should have reached 100-120 Millions.

I mean:
1. if City/Psg have money, why are teams selling gem players (Bernardo, Sane, Jesus) for 60-70M only
2. why would suddenly teams for the same type of players (isn't Dembele on a similar level of potential as Bernardo, Sane, Jesus?) ask 150M from Barca?

I could understand that they are asking 100M instead of 90M now, and that they are trying to slightly milk us.
But Borussia and other teams surely won't go from prices like 80-90M to 150M suddenly.

People are mentioning this theory over and over for Months, but imo, it doesn't make too much sense and logic.

Jombi

With that logic, teams should know that these teams have an unlimited amount of money and every transfer like Sane, Draxler, Jesus, Bernardo should have reached 100-120 Millions.

I mean:
1. if City/Psg have money, why are teams selling gem players (Bernardo, Sane, Jesus) for 60-70M only
2. why would suddenly teams for the same type of players (isn't Dembele on a similar level of potential as Bernardo, Sane, Jesus?) ask 150M from Barca?

I could understand that they are asking 100M instead of 90M now, and that they are trying to slightly milk us.
But Borussia and other teams surely won't go from prices like 80-90M to 150M suddenly.

People are mentioning this theory over and over for Months, but imo, it doesn't make too much sense and logic.

Gabriel Jesus was playing for Palmeiras. He also had a release clause that said he could join us and a few other top teams for 25m euros.

Dembele has shown amazing quality in both France and now Bundesliga before turning 20, effortlessly adapting to a new league, being one of the absolute best players in both leagues over 2 years. Its mind boggling how Dortmund managed to sign him for 15m but that type of performances should command a high price. Dembele is already better than Bernardo Silva and 3 years younger. Dont think 150m is likely though.

Messi983

I mean:

It's still a difference if they know you have money (which all big clubs have) or if you are in situation we currently are when they know we'll get 222M.

DHorozov

Why do you think that? In his professional career Dembélé played the same amount of games as LW as as RW. His stats as LW are better. His best position may be AM though. However, this guy is just 20 and seems to be very versatile. Thing with class players is that they can adapt to situations. Remember Suárez playing on the right side before Messi came up with the idea to move back to the wing and let Suárez play as number 9?

What I like most about Dembélé is his forward drive.

I did not followed him that close with Dortmund, as I normally do not watch Bundesliga a lot, but in most of the matches I saw he was playing on the right side. Also, I think he was used on the left in Dortmund this season mostly because of the injuries of Reus and the lack of alternative for them (might be wrong here, like I said I do not follow them much).

I watched him more regularly in his season in Rennes and back then he played only like 2-3 games on the left side and was looking more comfortable on the right back then for sure. He could be good as AM as well (but for me still his best position is RW) and this is why in 4-2-3-1, with Messi and him changing roles in the right/center would be a good combination (but I definitely prefer Messi being in the center most of the times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans