11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Could be 80+20.

German media (BILD) says that Dortmund wants 100M. Read it myself, and that doesn't sound like bullshit.

Also, infos from today in Kicker (most reliable we have here by the way in my opinion), Bosz didn't do like Klopp at all when he talked about a possible move, he just replied that he would not sleep well if it goes through.

Kicker also says that while Dortmund could say No, they doubt Dortmund could keep Ousmane if Barcelona comes and put around 100M on the table. They also doubt the player will accept it if Dortmund says No.

td;dr It seems to go rather well, and now Barca has just to make a formal offer. Kicker actually seem to believe it will happen if Barca makes a move.

I would stil prefer Barcelona to concentrate on Mbappe first though.
Mbappe is Real Madrid bound.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Totally agree, I just wanted to point out that you shouldn't expect him to come in and to make us forget Neymar in his first season.
I'll forget Neymar when our main man Messi lights up the Camp Nou like he usually does season in and out.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
His passing is weak, I can confirm that after watching him for a whole season at BVB. His decision-making is also very questionable.

He won't be our savior and the answer to all our ills, but he is a good prospect.

Yannik

Mbappe is Real Madrid bound.

how so?

His passing is weak, I can confirm that after watching him for a whole season at BVB. His decision-making is also very questionable.

I'm not sure if you meant that but his passing itself - meaning that if he sees a guy and succesfully passes it to him - is actually damn good, and it helps that he pulls it off with both feet. It's just the decision making that is still raw.

He is a classic winger, not a playmaker, but for that and especially for that age his passing is actually more than decent.
And the best thing: Compare him now to the beginning of the season, and you can see linear improvement. He doesn't stall but actually get better from month to month.
I don't think any other 20year old winger does better in that regard, remember Neymar was also not greatly advanced in decision making when Barca signed him. That came a bit later then.

Last edited:

Garrus

These statistics are misleading and sometimes worthless without the proper context.
Messi has a pass success rate of 80%, While Rafinha's is 92%, so is samuel. Does that mean Rafinha and samuel are better than messi at passing?, It's silly to even answer such a question.

When messi receives the ball, he has only one thing on his mind, And that for the ball to reach the penalty spot, He won't try to pass it backwards or sideways, Always forward, Always looking for that risky pass that'll cut the lines, Because that's what his team-mates and coach expect him to do.
Dembele, Is similar, In that his role in dortmund, Is to deliver the ball to the penalty box, If anyone watched him play, The first thing he does one once he has the ball is to run forward, Attempt to dribble anyone in front of him, Until he can make that key-pass, or through ball or cross All are risky, But that's his role in the team.
If he was to play in midfield and asked to hold the ball and dictate passes, I's sure his passing statistics would've been much higher.
He's still 20 years old, I'm sure his passing will improve with time, But i don't believe at this moment that he isn't a good passer already.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I'm not sure if you meant that but his passing itself - meaning that if he sees a guy and succesfully passes it to him - is actually damn good, and it helps that he pulls it off with both feet. It's just the decision making that is still raw.

He is a classic winger, not a playmaker, but for that and especially for that age his passing is actually more than decent.
And the best thing: Compare him now to the beginning of the season, and you can see linear improvement. He doesn't stall but actually get better from month to month.
I don't think any other 20year old winger does better in that regard, remember Neymar was also not greatly advanced in decision making when Barca signed him. That came a bit later then.

I don't know, my friend, to me he messed up too many simple short passes, which cold be tied to his decision making, i.e., he didn't know when was the right time to make the pass and who was the best person to pass the ball to etc. However, he did seem to make quite accurate lob passes for example and his crosses haven't been too bad either. Certainly just my anecdotal experience/evidence.

You are absolutely right that he is mostly a winger, a RW to be precise and those attributes/issues of his probably explained why he didn't play well every time he was playing in the midfield/center. I just don't know if his current profile will help us that much. Not immediately in my opinion.

Yannik

I don't know, my friend, to me he messed up too many simple short passes, which cold be tied to his decision making, i.e., he didn't know when was the right time to make the pass and who was the best person to pass the ball to etc. However, he did seem to make quite accurate lob passes for example and his crosses haven't been too bad either. Certainly just my anecdotal experience/evidence.

You are absolutely right that he is mostly a winger, a RW to be precise and those attributes/issues of his probably explained why he didn't play well every time he was playing in the midfield/center. I just don't know if his current profile will help us that much. Not immediately in my opinion.

You might be right. He does attempt some difficult passes and succeeds at doing so, but it's certanly possible that he also fucked up some of the actually easy ones and I just didn't notice it. HIs decision making is definitely lacking.

I agree that the profile might not be everyones cup of tea. Previously players circlejerked here, have all had playmaker traits. Coutinho and Bernardo Silva for wingers as an example. Other famous examples of such players are Ribery or Hazard. Dembele is not that, he's really just the classic pacy winger type that plays wide out, looks for 1on1s, searches the quick ways to the goal etc and in the progress therefor also doesn't always go with the more sensible solution to achieve that.
But for this profile and especially at that age, his passing is actually pretty good. I'd say that although he clearly isn't a playmaker, it's not completely out of reach for him to get those traits one day. Neymar also improved his passing greatly at Barca.

Butaan4barca

You might be right. He does attempt some difficult passes and succeeds at doing so, but it's certanly possible that he also fucked up some of the actually easy ones and I just didn't notice it. HIs decision making is definitely lacking.

I agree that the profile might not be everyones cup of tea. Previously players circlejerked here, have all had playmaker traits. Coutinho and Bernardo Silva for wingers as an example. Other famous examples of such players are Ribery or Hazard. Dembele is not that, he's really just the classic pacy winger type that plays wide out, looks for 1on1s, searches the quick ways to the goal etc and in the progress therefor also doesn't always go with the more sensible solution to achieve that.
But for this profile and especially at that age, his passing is actually pretty good. I'd say that although he clearly isn't a playmaker, it's not completely out of reach for him to get those traits one day. Neymar also improved his passing greatly at Barca.

Classical ?? with that scoring and assist records with both feet. We should welcome him with open arms

xXKonan

[tw]893531330641833984[/tw]

Says we are accelerating for him and is set to agree personal terms with us.

also says he prefers to join us over Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans