11 - Raphinha

JamDav1982

Raphinha would be much more effective than his is now if had an attacking RB and Dembele at LW... also if had a striker that could run in behind.

But doubt any of that happens anyway.

Andresito

Staff member
Raphinha would be much more effective than his is now if had an attacking RB and Dembele at LW... also if had a striker that could run in behind.

Of course, although disagree with 'much' more effective.

Dembele RW and Gavi LW has proven to be more stable than Dembele LW and Raphinha RW. Been a while since Dembele/Raphinha combo was tried but Dembele just isn't as effective to the left.

Rather play 4 mids than shoehorn Dembele and Raphinha.

JamDav1982

Of course, although disagree with 'much' more effective.

Dembele RW and Gavi LW has proven to be more stable than Dembele LW and Raphinha RW. Been a while since Dembele/Raphinha combo was tried but Dembele just isn't as effective to the left.

Rather play 4 mids than shoehorn Dembele and Raphinha.

Hsnt been tried with an attacking RB.

He would be muh more effective if had all that round him.

LW Dembele was not tried all that much either.

Nazario1985

If we receive even 50mil for him sell it's an ultra win situation for us.

80mil it's either a lie or a panic bye ala Chelsea.

I don't know why Newcastle will panic bye ...... Raphinha !!

Porque

For 80m Newcastle could get any RW in the world more or less.

I don't doubt they would go for Raphinha, he will be very good in a better EPL team than he was at before.

But I don't expect it to be anywhere near 80m. Certainly not with Alemany leaving and the world knowing we are looking for whatever we can get to move under the cap to re-sign Messi. No more, no less.

The closer we get to the end of market, the less bargaining power we will have- as always lately.

vuji_31

For 80m Newcastle could get any RW in the world more or less.

I don't doubt they would go for Raphinha, he will be very good in a better EPL team than he was at before.

But I don't expect it to be anywhere near 80m. Certainly not with Alemany leaving and the world knowing we are looking for whatever we can get to move under the cap to re-sign Messi. No more, no less.

The closer we get to the end of market, the less bargaining power we will have- as always lately.
What are those options?

Birdy

Good.
Let him unite with Trippier or whoever Saudis buy and do that at Newcastle.

We move from cardio merchants that can't dribble for life

PS: Told you all he is the easiest to sell. Has already established a market for him in the EPL

JamDav1982

Good.
Let him unite with Trippier or whoever Saudis buy and do that at Newcastle.

We move from cardio merchants that can't dribble for life

PS: Told you all he is the easiest to sell. Has already established a market for him in the EPL
Calma.

He should be sold as none of above will happen.

Stop arrogantly trying to lecture folk on players though when have history of backing far worse players than Raphinha.

mc_lovin

I get selling him, especially if 80m is true, but fuck me it's back to square one. Another season of relying on Dembele, which means we won't have even a single decent winger for most of it.

Raphina is not awe-inspiring, but he still dropped the best season on the wings since Neymar. Low stabdards to be fair :lol:

JamDav1982

Nowhere near the best season on wings since Neymar.

Griezmann was wider at times and better than him and Dembele was better this season and previous ones even when injured at times.

Stats dont just point to him being best.

Dembele been better than him this season also and last even if missed large part of it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Journalists from England saying they have been told by Newcastle there is no plan to make any move for Raphinha.

Dont think he is going to be all that sought after.

Porque

Well it shows that our sporting project is a mess with our SD jumping ship, and buying clubs will take note.
What are those options?

Moussa Diaby
Ousmane Dembele
Bryan Mbueno
Malcom
Bryan Mbueno
Marcos Asensio
Kubo
Chukwedze
Mahrez(?)
Gnabry (?)
Pikachu

Porque

Nope. But we are not getting top dollar on any sale with our financial situation and the sporting director who has been the glue of our negotiations walking away because of the shit storm he sees coming.

Home of Barca Fans