11 - Raphinha

JamDav1982

Flick is trying to use him to shadow everything Lewa cant/shouldnt be asked to do at this age.

Other team has ball.. Raphinha leads the press on CBs as Lewa sits on DM.

Barca have the ball v high line.. Lewa comes deep to drag CBs and Raphinha leads the way in making a run in behind.

He doesnt really have the pause at times to be top top class at AM but he brings a hell of a lot there and more suited than out wide.

Think his place is nailed in the team with how he is the legs of Lewa and he also showed qualites on ball and can finish in and around box.

jamrock

I thought he got better when he went wide.

But a solid game overall.

Once everyone is fit, will be interesting to see what flick settles on as his best XI, I think he will have a top 14 players, and the others will just be there to make up the numbers

ajnotkeith

Flick is trying to use him to shadow everything Lewa cant/shouldnt be asked to do at this age.

Other team has ball.. Raphinha leads the press on CBs as Lewa sits on DM.

Barca have the ball v high line.. Lewa comes deep to drag CBs and Raphinha leads the way in making a run in behind.

He doesnt really have the pause at times to be top top class at AM but he brings a hell of a lot there and more suited than out wide.

Think his place is nailed in the team with how he is the legs of Lewa and he also showed qualites on ball and can finish in and around box.
People need to listen to Jammie more. He was insisting Raphinha should play AM from the start.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Madre mia, if that is not his best performance in a Barca shirt I am Imane Khelif in a cocktail dress twirling pom poms.

Outstanding. As complete as you could wish for. Tackling, pressing, shooting, through balls, long passes, crosses, fast one touch play. All at a high level.

Let him never play on the wing again. 2 performances at attacking midfield, both class. Makes the signing of Dani Olmo even more infuriating as one of them will have to play out of position.

JamDav1982

People need to listen to Jammie more. He was insisting Raphinha should play AM from the start.

Cheers youngblood.

Also was saying Pedri deeper and advocating for the debuts of Cubarsi and Bernal.

Even was being told was clueless when said Christensen could be tried in midfield ahead of Romeu..

But haters gonna hate innit.

jamrock

Y'all were complaining about raphinha and every turn and talking about how poor he is.

Lol

Me and @serghei were the ones ride with raphinha for season one and 1 or 2 other guys.

Now the entire forum is a fan, typical reactionary from Barca forum.

If it was up to 98% of the forum, Raphinha would be sold a long time ago, not for financial reasons, but because he wasn't "good" enough.

Bunch of bandwagonist, 😆.

Birdy

Well, it's something we have been discussing here since at least 1-2 years back, when we realized that Raphina is ass receiving the ball on the by line

JamDav1982

Y'all were complaining about raphinha and every turn and talking about how poor he is.

Lol

Me and @serghei were the ones ride with raphinha for season one and 1 or 2 other guys.

He cant play RW to a high level for this Barca as not good enough 1v1.

Said from start he fits in more of AM role.

May not start when all fit even then lets see but he has been showing more in there for what the team needs.

You didnt want Olmo and wanted Gundogan to stay.. so lets see.

Co0ter

Lol

If it was up to 98% of the forum, Raphinha would be sold a long time ago, not for financial reasons, but because he wasn't "good" enough.

Bunch of bandwagonist, 😆.
Pointing out Xavi bought the wrong player to play as a wide winger, which he did, is different than saying he's a bad player or disliking him. I said he suits playing as an AM since he can't dribble or beat opponents wide 1 vs 1. His lungs are better utilized there too where he can press several areas.

He did okay today when he moved to the LW, but against a decent FB he will never be a good winger for Barca.

Besides, 90% of my hate has been and will forever be directed to Torres 🥰

Home of Barca Fans