11 - Raphinha

Messi983

Could be bullshit but we reportedly rejected a 100m during summer. If that type of bid comes next year and Nico is available for 50m, I think we all know what will happen.

That offer was clearly from SA and don't see Raphinha accept going there in his prime years so doesn't really matter if the club rejected or not.

Also, I would like to sign Nico (or another LW) and keep Raphinha. Won't work longterm but at least for a season. You need to have at least 3 starting quality wingers for rotation if you want to compete on all fronts.

Porque

We definitely need the quality in depth. 3 top widemen for 2 positions is nothing in today's football. Even 4 is passable given the games.

What is obvious is that Raphi so far is showing he has a world class engine and also fits Flick style of play. But he will literally have a sell by date that we will have to time, and his output will dry up. Be it in half a season, a season or longer.

He won't be a lifer here basically, so we will need to know how will be the starter quality replacement sooner than later.

I believe the Saudi offer btw considering what they also offered for Vini. The wheels of public perception and interest has waned from that league and they will need to make another huge investment sooner than later.

From a branding perspective, they need to make the teams more relatable to western audience. There's only so many Weird Al Yankovic songs you can listen to before they all sound the same.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even thinking about selling him should be considered a crime. Sell FdJ and sell a talent from Masia we can't fit in, but stay away from the hardest and one of the best players we have. Even if we got 60-70M for him, who would you replace him with? Nico is alright, but he doesn't work as hard as Raph. Ideally we need to keep our squad (minus FdJ and Lewa) for next season and bring in a versatile player that we could fit on LW, RW and CAM - but who knows, maybe Fernadez'es could be the solution because what I've seen of Guille he's almost ready for first team football and could play CAM and LW and Toni could play RW and CAM. Let's see how the brothers evolve this season and let's follow Nico - maybe it was luck in disguise we couldn't buy him.

iniestaGOAT

Even thinking about selling him should be considered a crime. Sell FdJ and sell a talent from Masia we can't fit in, but stay away from the hardest and one of the best players we have. Even if we got 60-70M for him, who would you replace him with? Nico is alright, but he doesn't work as hard as Raph. Ideally we need to keep our squad (minus FdJ and Lewa) for next season and bring in a versatile player that we could fit on LW, RW and CAM - but who knows, maybe Fernadez'es could be the solution because what I've seen of Guille he's almost ready for first team football and could play CAM and LW and Toni could play RW and CAM. Let's see how the brothers evolve this season and let's follow Nico - maybe it was luck in disguise we couldn't buy him.

Selling fdj is impossible. We have tried and we have failed.
Nothing we can do the man is shameless.

He is willing to stay even if benched by children or sent to stands.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Selling fdj is impossible. We have tried and we have failed.
Nothing we can do the man is shameless.

He is willing to stay even if benched by children or sent to stands.
Let's see about that. Next summer he'll almost get all his cash and we'll probably have to pay him some cash from the transfer fee we get for him. If he can sign a nice contract he'll be even-Steven. If not, I'm serious - don't even let him train with us (yeah yeah, he has to according to his contract), don't include him in the squad a single time. If he than wants a loan before the window closes fine, if not rot on the bench and we set an example - don't fuck with us. Because if he gets 2-3 good offers from clubs next summer and doesn't take them, it's not our fault and he only does it to fuck us over and two can play that game. No club will pay a big sign-on bonus for a player that hasn't played for almost 2 seasons and didn't set the world on fire before that. He's delusional that fucker if he thinks that way - he really is nearing his "find out" stage of his life and career... dude thinks he's Xavi or Modric when in reality he might not even be a Sergio Roberto when his highness finally decides his little ankle knock is alright so he can bless us with some sideway passes.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans