11 - Raphinha

ajnotkeith

Raphinha is not worse technically, Dumbele is more agile in his ankles (slim bones) and has a bit more acceleration.
That results in him making some forced driblings or nice cuts. But that Fraud has no talent otherwise, he hits the ball randomly, has no ball control.

I prefer Raphinha over Nico and Dumbele. Has better workrate and is a bit more talented, that's why is more productive. But people here see running fast and cutting in as a talent so they rate those runners higher.
They have the peasant syndrome.

I think if we cut the hype off, Raphinha might be better than Lamine on the right. Yeah, Lamine has finishes, has some passes, has smoth skills, but that is more the trade of a finisher, he is rather slow and he is less mobile.

Lamine worked better than Raphinha because Xavi used his "wingers" as parking spaces for the ball. You stay wide, get the ball and wait for others to move.
The idiot refused to realise that tactic worked because Messi carried their legendary asses.
You need a briliant striker and a AM for that tactic to work, otherwise you pinball back to your keeper.
But in that scenario that failed, of creating time, Lamine is vastly superior. He was briliant for Spain too.
BTW now we have the AM for the tactic Xavi wanted.Still not Messi but clearly better than Gundo, we also need a more agile striker or a force of nature.
Even if you think dribbling is a peasant syndrome or dribbling skills are only aesthetic, it is still a massive skill for wingers and one of the main ways they can create positions, it's the nature of the role.

Wingers are often coming up 1v1 against defenders or on the touchline so having good dribbling skills is imperative. That's one of the main things that holds back Raphinha from really being an amazing winger is his lack of dribbling, but he has other ways to create seperation, he does it with his endurance and his pace off the ball.

ajnotkeith

Very true. It's one of the reason Flick's system should work better for him. It's not as positional as Xavi's.

He's more dangerous when he receives the ball in speed, in the channels that he creates with his constant movement. If he has to stop, often stand in his spot and wait for the ball to get to him... he loses a lot of the advantages of his elite workrate.
He is good at creating seperation off the ball. If you let him oppose his marker off the ball and create space with his running, he can do it, and he'll often be open.

The problem is the ball slows him down a lot, he is really much slower with the ball than he is without it. So it's best to let him run until he's close to the goal to give him the ball.

However he's also good at playing passes from deep as a playmaker if he has time.

vegitot

I would prefer prime Fati with Raphinha on the right than Lamine and Raphinha.
The kid needs some resting after all and to play like 50 minutes not 90.
Fati has no creativity or dribbling skill. He used to score as most of his shots for some reasons turned into goals. I think there are users here already explained this before.

Fati on the wing is just waste of time. Either he learns to play as a 9 or leaves.

Masetro10

Fati has no creativity or dribbling skill. He used to score as most of his shots for some reasons turned into goals. I think there are users here already explained this before.

Fati on the wing is just waste of time. Either he learns to play as a 9 or leaves.
It's easier to score when Messi is feeding you with a golden spoon on a lot of those

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The lesser he's on the ball the better. I bet big teams will allow him to be on the ball as much as possible compared to Olmo, Yamal etc. He's not the one to create brilliance out of nothing as he's dependent on others.

It's not a bad thing if you have others capable of doing that. Sort of like Pedro and how you don't build a team around him but rather how he can support others and improve the team in general.

Good on the ball or not, last I checked he is very good at providing assist.

khaled_a_d

Frenkie or Olmo

But I am confused. Only captains are allowed to speak to ref. So that would be Ter Stegen. So don’t know what this field delegate bull is supposed to be.

It is nothing tbh.

Ter Stegen is GK, so him running half the pitch to speak to referee doesn't make sense.

The vice captains are Araujo, Frenkie and Raphinha in that order. With Araujo and Frenkie out, Raphinha is now 2nd captain and the first one in outfield players.

Horatio

You're welcome
It is nothing tbh.

Ter Stegen is GK, so him running half the pitch to speak to referee doesn't make sense.

The vice captains are Araujo, Frenkie and Raphinha in that order. With Araujo and Frenkie out, Raphinha is now 2nd captain and the first one in outfield players.

Ok, I just thought first captain was allowed. Now I am reading all captains.

Home of Barca Fans