11 - Raphinha

behindbrowneyes

Raphinha is about to become a new Bar?a player. The Brazilian had some financially superior offers, but his desire has always been to play for Barcelona. His attitude has been key to convincing Leeds, via
@sport

:wow:

That has been the say for almost a decade now, yet Barca has had the most expensive squad in the world for years.

behindbrowneyes

Lol facts.

Maybe under Laporta it maybe true.

It is true and I think Laporta and Alemany are doing a great job in doing so, being frugal and making the best out of the situation.

But make no mistake. Club had always issues with money management and the sole reason for them working so great is due to La Liga's strict stance on salary cap rules.

If they can turn the situation around, Barca again will be amongst the biggest spenders in Europe. Club will never learn, it is in the mentality.

behindbrowneyes

Guess I'm just tired of hearing Catalan press spouting 'player only wanted Barca and refused better offers to join the club' even if it might be true this time.

serghei

Sport now saying Raphinha is hours away from becoming a Barca player. After saying that if Dembele continues he is no longer a priority. Can't these guys make up their minds already? :lol:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Raphinha savors the taste of victory because he knows that he'll be a Barcelona player in a matter of hours. [sport] #fcblive

Raphinha is off to Barcelona. [@MikeKeegan_DM] #fcblive

Bar?a and Leeds have closed a deal since last week for Raphinha that will be paid in 3 installments for €50M fixed and €10M in bonuses. Bar?a hopes to activate the 2nd lever to make the deal official. Raphinha only wants Bar?a and is waiting. [@gerardromero]

serghei

50m + 10m bonuses (hopefully not piss easy types like playing 10 games lol) is reasonable. Let's go.

Givenchy

How the heck did we manage to pull that off in installments? :lol: will believe this once he's there holding a Barca shirt.

serghei

How the heck did we manage to pull that off in installments? :lol: will believe this once he's there holding a Barca shirt.

I think most deals are structured over installments and agreed as such between clubs. Only release clauses are paid in full at once because clubs don't want the player to go usually.

Yannik

I wouldnt trust Gerard Romero or the DailyMail too much, but something seems to be moving at least.

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1546251081302286336
@JacobsBen

Can confirm Leeds and Barcelona have finally reached an agreement this evening for Raphinha. My understanding is the €50 million + 10 fee is incorrect (Leeds rejected that offer quite some time ago) and the deal is actually worth close to €75 million.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans