11 - Raphinha

serghei

He scored 13 non penalty goals across two seasons for Leeds in the league (65 matches). 20ish goals would take quick adaptation and a major step up from his current level.

Dembele is a terrible finisher and everything but a complete winger. He was, on the other hand, our main creative outlet last season and we suffered without him. Depends on all the changes we make. Both players and roles. But if Raphinha doesn't deliver in that regard, wouldn't be surprised if Dembele took over.

Pretty good numbers for a poor-quality EPL team. He has 17 in 65.

Mane, when Liverpool signed him, had 21 in 67. And Southampton was a much better team than Leeds. They finished 6th that season. Weren't a relegation candidate.

Yannik

Wasn't Chelsea's offer 60m pounds that Leeds agreed to? Why would we offer more than that?

I'm not sure Leeds agreed to something from Chelsea, but either way, Leeds could be asking more from Barca cause they tend to stretch it out over long installments and addons, whereas Chelsea might've just offered a deal where more money arrives quicker.

serghei

I'm not sure Leeds agreed to something from Chelsea, but either way, Leeds could be asking more from Barca cause they tend to stretch it out over long installments and addons, whereas Chelsea might've just offered a deal where more money arrives quicker.

Yea, that makes sense to add 5m and stretch it over more years and trenches.

Joan

Mane, when Liverpool signed him, had 21 in 67. And Southampton was a much better team than Leeds. They finished 6th that season. Weren't a relegation candidate.

4 of which are penalties. Let's leave that out for a moment.

Works both ways. Torres has 12 non penalty goals in the league across two seasons, takes 252 min per goal, 3000 min total. While Raphinha has 13 in 5300 min, 406 min per goal.

Sure Torres played for better teams but we expect a better player. Plus their age as a factor.

His stats are decent considering the context.

serghei

4 of which are penalties. Let's leave that out for a moment.

Works both ways. Torres has 12 non penalty goals in the league across two seasons, takes 252 min per goal, 3000 min total. While Raphinha has 13 in 5300 min, 406 min per goal.

Sure Torres played for better teams but we expect a better player. Plus their age as a factor.

His stats are decent considering the context.

For 75m he is a risk I agree. He has to be awesome and a superstar of Vinicius level very fast.

Temptation

Mane had Klopp to coach him.

Raphinha will have Xavi.....:lol:

Joan

For 75m he is a risk I agree. He has to be awesome and a superstar of Vinicius level very fast.

I haven't seen nearly enough of him to make an educated prediction but if I had to take a guess based on what I've seen so far he'll more likely be decent winger with little upside than a Vinicius level superstar.

I'm not sold on him yet.

Temptation

I haven't seen nearly enough of him to make an educated prediction but if I had to take a guess based on what I've seen so far he'll more likely be decent winger with little upside than a Vinicius level superstar.

I'm not sold on him yet.

He's a good winger. Dembele at his best is better and a bigger match winner.

Raphinha would be a great signing for a club like Arsenal.

For Barcelona or Chelsea he'll be a good addition to the squad as a starter or sub option.

75 million for him is an absolute joke. It might turn out full on Maguire to United in terms of value for money.

To give you lot an idea of his level he is as good as a pre injury Rashford more or less.

Joan

For Barcelona or Chelsea he'll be a good addition to the squad as a starter or sub option.

75 million for him is an absolute joke. It might turn out full on Maguire to United in terms of value for money.

To give you lot an idea of his level he is as good as a pre injury Rashford more or less.
I'd say good post if I wouldn't sound biased. But nonetheless.

That's my position on him since the beginning. I watched some of his matches.

Would've been a steal for 25m. I'd have problems paying 50 + 10, let alone 75. Just doesn't seem to have all that much of an upside and I still think would be a downgrade compared to Dembele.

Temptation

I'd say good post if I wouldn't sound biased. But nonetheless.

That's my position on him since the beginning. I watched some of his matches.

Would've been a steal for 25m. I'd have problems paying 50 + 10, let alone 75. Just doesn't seem to have all that much of an upside and I still think would be a downgrade compared to Dembele.

He's like a 40 to 45 mil player approx.

Zidane82

I agree with much of what you say but I rate Raphinha extremely highly .

He was playing in a struggling Leeds side who did not play to his strengths

Temptation

I agree with much of what you say but I rate Raphinha extremely highly .

He was playing in a struggling Leeds side who did not play to his strengths

He's been very good Leeds.

Let's see if he can make the jump at a bigger club.

Big fish in a small pond type or can he thrive under the pressure of a big club.....

He's one of the main reason Leeds stayed up.

I rate him as 45 mil player. You probably rate him as a 55/60(?) mil player.

Home of Barca Fans