11 - Raphinha

vegitot

I think he is like a player who can play well in smaller team but struggle for bigger team. He should have double digit goal + assist, something i doubt he can do.

gregorrin10

I think he is like a player who can play well in smaller team but struggle for bigger team. He should have double digit goal + assist, something i doubt he can do.

Funny, I see him as the complete opposite. The real deal, who just needs a top team to really start racking up those G/A numbers and flourishing into one of the best wingers in the world. He has also followed a nice, steady progression in his career up until now. Proven in multiple top leagues and a full fledged international, even starter right now in one of the best and most competitive national teams on the planet. I always saw him as the next great transfer for the likes of Liverpool or Bayern. I never expected us to get him, especially after Leeds didn't go down. Glad I was wrong.

Zidane82

Funny, I see him as the complete opposite. The real deal, who just needs a top team to really start racking up those G/A numbers and flourishing into one of the best wingers in the world. He has also followed a nice, steady progression in his career up until now. Proven in multiple top leagues and a full fledged international, even starter right now in one of the best and most competitive national teams on the planet. I always saw him as the next great transfer for the likes of Liverpool or Bayern. I never expected us to get him, especially after Leeds didn't go down. Glad I was wrong.

He has played really well in his nine games for Brazil ( since last Aug debut)
###

On 7 October 2021, Raphinha made his full debut for the national side, coming on as a substitute at half time in a 3?1 comeback win against Venezuela.[29] He assisted two goals and won a penalty in 45 minutes on the pitch, receiving praise from sports pundits and fans.[30]

In his third appearance and first start, he scored his first two international goals in a qualifying match against Uruguay

Last edited:

Sooke

I still can't believe we were able to sign him. Raphinha is our best addition not only this summer but in the last years. Now Dembouz will have a real competition for his position.

Zidane82

I still can't believe we were able to sign him. Raphinha is our best addition not only this summer but in the last years. Now Dembouz will have a real competition for his position.
I presume they will both play not share the RW

Jakabor

12 Things You Dont Know About Me
- by Raphinha

1. I used to get death threats
Man, it happened so many times. Wed be in the away changing room before the game and some mob would knock on the door. I say knock but, you know, they were basically trying to smash it down. They would scream all these things at us.

IF YOU WIN THIS GAME, WE?LL KILL YOU!

YOULL NEVER MAKE IT OUT OF HERE ALIVE.

This was at the famous varzea tournaments.

The home of the rejects.

Like me.

Man, it is hard for me to even explain the varzea to you. People in Brazil know what it is, but you have to play in it to understand what its really like. You have all the top clubs, right? And every kid wants to get a contract at one of their academies. That means youll get some money to help your family, and you might turn pro. But the kids who dont get in, they end up in the varzea tournaments.

It really is the Wild West, man. Its like a network of independent matches and tournaments organised by the local community. The level is a lot lower than at the academies. Any player can just turn up, you dont even need a contract. You play on clay. Burning heat. Dust and sand. Someone will bring a ball from home. Often there are no nets, just the posts. Bibs? Forget about it. One team just plays shirtless. And these players are the rejects, man. They play with anger. They play to survive. They play like their lives depend on it.

Thankfully, the death threats were just threats. We knew it was the home supporters trying to get into our heads. But you would often see the bosses in the community stand around the pitch with guns. You could be about to score when a random gunshot would go off. Let me tell you, it can kind of put you off! The fireworks too, man.

Thats why I always say that if you can play in the varzea games, you can play anywhere.

A big European final? Dont care.

A stadium with 90,000 people? Bring it on.

Im still very proud that I played in so many varzea tournaments. And honestly, I loved it. Those games made me so tough. When I play now, I want to be booed. I want the pressure and the intimidation. Thats what gets me going.

Read the rest in the article.

Last edited:

Saladin

12 Things You Dont Know About Me
- by Raphinha

1. I used to get death threats
Man, it happened so many times. Wed be in the away changing room before the game and some mob would knock on the door. I say knock but, you know, they were basically trying to smash it down. They would scream all these things at us.

IF YOU WIN THIS GAME, WE?LL KILL YOU!

YOULL NEVER MAKE IT OUT OF HERE ALIVE.

This was at the famous varzea tournaments.

The home of the rejects.

Like me.

Man, it is hard for me to even explain the varzea to you. People in Brazil know what it is, but you have to play in it to understand what its really like. You have all the top clubs, right? And every kid wants to get a contract at one of their academies. That means you?ll get some money to help your family, and you might turn pro. But the kids who dont get in, they end up in the varzea tournaments.

It really is the Wild West, man. It?s like a network of independent matches and tournaments organised by the local community. The level is a lot lower than at the academies. Any player can just turn up, you dont even need a contract. You play on clay. Burning heat. Dust and sand. Someone will bring a ball from home. Often there are no nets, just the posts. Bibs? Forget about it. One team just plays shirtless. And these players are the rejects, man. They play with anger. They play to survive. They play like their lives depend on it.

Thankfully, the death threats were just threats. We knew it was the home supporters trying to get into our heads. But you would often see the bosses in the community stand around the pitch with guns. You could be about to score when a random gunshot would go off. Let me tell you, it can kind of put you off! The fireworks too, man.

Thats why I always say that if you can play in the varzea games, you can play anywhere.

A big European final? Dont care.

A stadium with 90,000 people? Bring it on.

Im still very proud that I played in so many varzea tournaments. And honestly, I loved it. Those games made me so tough. When I play now, I want to be booed. I want the pressure and the intimidation. Thats what gets me going.

Read the rest in the article.

Wow - this guy gives me Diego/Luis Suarez vibes. Love the underdogs that knows what it takes to grind from the bottom all the way to the top.

Must admit, this transfer is the biggest prospect for our offensive threat in years. With Lewandowski as the cherry on top? Phew. 100+ goals incoming next La Liga season.

impeh

Hi, its me..
official

Barcelona and Leeds United Football Club have reached an agreement in principle for the transfer of Raphael Dias Belloli, Raphinha, pending the player passing his medical.

Messi983

Great article, thanks for posting.

Looks like a guy with never give up mentality which is exactly what we need. Starting to like this signing more and more.

Also, love that part about going to R10's birthday party.

Home of Barca Fans