11 - Raphinha

Bobo32

Who would you rather sign for the winger role?

I have no idea, I didn't watch Raphinha that much as per my previous post. Maybe he is good and I will like him, but his stats are terrible and a very shitty "squawka" twitter post doesn't change that.

I think Bernardo Silva as a winger would be very good.

fergus90

I have no idea, I didn't watch Raphinha that much as per my previous post. Maybe he is good and I will like him, but his stats are terrible and a very shitty "squawka" twitter post doesn't change that.

I think Bernardo Silva as a winger would be very good.

I'm personally a huge fan of Raphinha, but each to their own.

I want Bernardo at Barca but would love to see the Bernardo-Pedri midfield partnership!

serghei

Bernardo is more suited as a midfielder for me. I like my midfield creator in the Pedri and Bernardo mold, but I like my forwards in the Raphinha type. Edgy, strong, tough motherfucker that would have a fullback shitting brings when he has to defend the guy for 90 mins.

Raphinha is gonna be a nightmare to mark. Not only physically gifted but has the work rate and the toughness to ask the question all night. Defenders hate those wingers that never stop being in the game and asking questions and testing their focus and their mentality.

Now we have to find a system that gives these wingers space to do their thing. That's Xavi's job.

Last edited:

serghei

I would say Bernardo is not a must at this point. I'd much prefer Kounde - Christensen - Araujo to battle it out for 2 spots in central defense. All young and pretty gifted defenders in different areas of the game I'd say.

Porque

I would say Bernardo is not a must at this point. I'd much prefer Kounde - Christensen - Araujo to battle it out for 2 spots in central defense. All young and pretty gifted defenders in different areas of the game I'd say.

Agreed.

But if you think of the way Xavi setup last season then Bernardo may be the most important player of all.

He didn't want the central midfielders to help with the build up, but to sit near the strikers, receive the ball and find intricate solutions- while Busquets quarter backed.

And for that, Bernardo is perfect.

serghei

Agreed.

But if you think of the way Xavi setup last season then Bernardo may be the most important player of all.

He didn't want the central midfielders to help with the build up, but to sit near the strikers, receive the ball and find intricate solutions- while Busquets quarter backed.

And for that, Bernardo is perfect.

The biggest criticism I have of Xavi is that he was influenced more by Van Gaal and Rijkaard than Pep. But he's just starting as a manager. I think he will develop himself in time. I would 100% stick with him, without a single doubt.

For me, Xavi and Iniesta are tier 1 legends and have some of the most advanced understanding of the game in general. I believe they are Barcelona through and through. I want to see him making it as a manager and will gladly root for him all the way.

Also the Barca legend Madridistas hate the most. Nobody rubs them the wrong way more than Xavi. :lol:

Last edited:

Total-Football

The biggest criticism I have of Xavi is that he was influenced more by Van Gaal and Rijkaard than Pep. But he's just starting as a manager. I think he will develop himself in time. I would 100% stick with him, without a single doubt.

For me, Xavi and Iniesta are tier 1 legends and have some of the most advanced understanding of the game in general. I believe they are Barcelona through and through. I want to see him making it as a manager and will gladly root for him all the way.

Also the Barca legend Madridistas hate the most. Nobody rubs them the wrong way more than Xavi. :lol:
No one understands football more than maradona and he was a fail as a manager haha.. Hell even lampard the midfielder with the high IQ failed. I think there is no correlation

serghei

No one understands football more than maradona and he was a fail as a manager haha.. Hell even lampard the midfielder with the high IQ failed. I think there is no correlation

I don't think so. Dribbling is an element of the game that places an individual over tactical aspects. Sort of a joker card you can use to skip parts. Not the best mindset to have as a manager.

I'd say it's more likely to have a defender becoming a great manager, than a dribbler used to pass 2-3 defenders on regular basis like Messi or Maradona. These types would kind of make underwhelming managers because for them creating danger always seemed much easier than it really is.

Plus, Maradona was also a cokehead.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans