13 - Iñaki Peña

Skalman

He is gonna kill our season isn't he? He really oozes self confidence isn't he, and that positioning and ball handling, you cant even see that this is a Goalie if someone didn't tell you

Gazzznigga

Barca forum...lol!!

The ironic thing is, go to page 5 of this thread, you would think those comments were describing Neuer or prime Buffon.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca forum...lol!!

The ironic thing is, go to page 5 of this thread, you would think those comments were describing Neuer or prime Buffon.

Got praise for that game vs. Atletico.
Was pretty shit afterwards.

What is your point? Players shouldn't be praised after good performances?

Gazzznigga

Got praise for that game vs. Atletico.
Was pretty shit afterwards.

What is your point? Players shouldn't be praised after good performances?
No, not at all, bro. Players, just like any other performer/employee can be praised or hailed after a good performance, what i find hilarious is catapulting a player to "greatness", "world class", "best in the world", "generational player", and all other sorts of unnecessary appellations after 1 game or some flicks in a match which seems to be a common recurrence here, without restraint.

It's either the standards for those appellations are quite low here or those using them do so cheekily.

Pena's case as an example, from his matches at Galatasaray, it was obvious his level is a segunda one, one or two excellent saves regardless. Labelling him a "world saviour" just for one particular save is at best ridiculing the standards or, maybe more from emotional imbalance occasioned by 'watching matches' just as you stated in another post

Last edited:

Birdy

Seriously THOUGH,

he shouldn't see the pitch against Bayern and Madrid.
This guy can concede a marked shot from 25 yards out

TEK must be taken care of, and slot in the starting XI already after the break

ajnotkeith

He is nowhere near good enough to be a backup. I don't think he is a LaLiga level player, even for relegation teams. Maybe Segunda level keeper.

Having him as a backup especially to a keeper that suffered some injuries in the last few years is unacceptable, it would be hard to win any games against good teams with this guy.

I am not sure why Kochen or Astralaga don't have that spot instead, even though they are very young, they're surely better if given a few games to acclimatise.

TheStig

The club just gambled that MATS won't get injured in the current financial situation. They know Pena is shit.

Hope Flick is flexible enough to start Szczesny against Sevilla, I'm sure he would be better than Pena even if he won't be in his optimal form yet.

Loki

He showed yesterday again that he's simply not good enough, despite the clean sheet. Had many uncertainties even with the simplest balls. Time to let him go in the summer and sign some good talent.

TheStig

We should have hept Arnau Tenas. He's not a world beater either but he would be better. I expect the club learns and we go into the new season with MATS and Szczesny but I would prefer Szczesny + a new young top talented GK.

Could see MATS eventually agree to leave home to Borussia if he loses his starting spot (and he should).

Home of Barca Fans