14 - Javier Mascherano

Hamzah

High Definition Member
bojan is unworthy until proven otherwise. he has yet to have a breakthrough season and until that happens we should not hand out the number 9, which carries a significance that will ruin him.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
bojan is unworthy until proven otherwise. he has yet to have a breakthrough season and until that happens we should not hand out the number 9, which carries a significance that will ruin him.

How do you know it will ruin him?

it could inspire him as it shows that pep has faith in him, and he is a valued member of the squad.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep is not the type to put all the pressure on the kids... All those statements that 'if any thing I owe Bojan an apology' are all probably true from his heart but they were more of confidence boosters for him when in the final stages we had to rely on him

tk_TommyKim

Another number that needs to be occupied is #4. I think it's possible to see Mascherano or Busquets taking that number.

Then again, I remember Mascherano wearing #14 somewhere along the line.

Seamus

Another number that needs to be occupied is #4. I think it's possible to see Mascherano or Busquets taking that number.

Then again, I remember Mascherano wearing #14 somewhere along the line.

Id say #4 will be kept for Fabregas, and Mascherano wears #14 for Argentina doesnt he??

Looking forward to seeing him play he will boss midfield and give Xavi and Iniesta more freedom and less responsibility to cover back so great signing

Trequartista

The good
It would be too harsh not to give him number 4,if he wants it then he can have it,I want Cesc as future number 4 but we cant keep it for a player who may come after 2 or 3 years and may never come,Imagine MAschernao telling Pep that he wants number 4 and then Pep tells him that this number in kept for someone who have the Barca DNA

XaviMessiGirl

It would be too harsh not to give him number 4,if he wants it then he can have it,I want Cesc as future number 4 but we cant keep it for a player who may come after 2 or 3 years and may never come,Imagine MAschernao telling Pep that he wants number 4 and then Pep tells him that this number in kept for someone who have the Barca DNA

He will sulk and refuse to play already :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi:

Playing both Mascherano and Busquets is perfect and they complement each other very well. Masch is more defensive oriented and Busi is more offensive minded. However, with both playing, we'll have to play a 4-4-2, with Iniesta and Xavi as the offensinse MD and Messi + Villa - no Pedro or Bojan.

If we want a 4-3-3, then only Masch or Busi can play with Iniesta and Xavi. Then Villa + Messi + Pedro. Unless, we sit either Iniesta or Xavi, then both MD's. We also have Keita.

Your prediction was right as Barca played that "magic box" formation in Santander. Only Keita was there as Mascherano is yet to be presented.

Well done Hektor.

Home of Barca Fans