14 - Javier Mascherano

anyway haven't managed to get on the forum, so welcome to Barcelona Mascherano, this means Busquets is on the bench then?

jairzinho

anyway haven't managed to get on the forum, so welcome to Barcelona Mascherano, this means Busquets is on the bench then?

The arrangement of both Masch and Busi in the selection is what we will have to wait to see from Pep. I, am thinking they can play together. But it is interesting. -Xavi---Masch---Iniesta- is most ideal. With Xavi and Andrés in advanced positions. Masch can cover the space left..which is what he is good at.

Messi__10

the dude is a monster, if you see him bashing to the goal in the premier league, imagine him doing that here! I'm very happy with this signing, I think the defensive aspect of the team is solid now... Now with the depart of ibra the only thing we need is another striker (Llorente would be ideal, and I think not too expensive aswell) and as for the midfield, Thiago showed a very good performance against milan so maybe he can play more often for the first team depending against which teams they are playing

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
I have to say this again, I'm sorry. I think buying a DM was a wrong move, regardless of how good this guy is. Cheapest good solution, I think, was to move Pique to DM and buy a CB or promote a youngster to play there, or simply play Milito and use Abidal or promote a youngster as a backup. Wouldn't cost a penny, and we'd, I'm sure, get one of the best DMs in the world in very short time. If I understand this playing style correctly, DM is much more important than a CB, and Pique would always be near enough to pull back and help CBs. That's not to say CBs aren't important, ofc. I really can't understand why, with a guy who is, imho, born to play DM - Pique, did we go through all the Cesc transfer saga, and then continued with getting Mascherano. Lost 20M for nothing. Feel free to enlighten me if you think what I said is bs.

Rivaldo

Move Pique to DM, are you crazy man? first of all Puyol and Milito combo doesn't work well. Pique is perfect as our CB and he is also tall unlike Puyol and Milito. He's easily one of the best CB in the game right now, there's no one else that would be able to replace him in our team.

Mascherano for 20m is a bloody brilliant deal. We needed more depth and now we have it, we couldn't have hoped for a better replacement for Toure.

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Move Pique to DM, are you crazy man? first of all Puyol and Milito combo doesn't work well. Pique is perfect as our CB and he is also tall unlike Puyol and Milito. He's easily one of the best CB in the game right now, there's no one else that would be able to replace him in our team.

Mascherano for 20m is a bloody brilliant deal. We needed more depth and now we have it, we couldn't have hoped for a better replacement for Toure.
I said feel free to enlighten me, not feel free to call me crazy :lol: I know, it's tough to 'give up' on such a great CB, I just think... Well, what I wrote earlier...

Barcafan 2304

Hes doing the medical on monday

We could play him more in the centre with Xavi and Iniesta more forward with two up front instead of three so there are options with this signing

Thanks mate. Certainly, I think he will provide us with more options in how we set up our midfield area

SeloBarca

havent seen Mach play to much either, isnt he more defensive? then we could use Busi when we can play more offensive and mach when we need a more defensive team.

will be interesting to see him though. he wont be ready for sundays game will he? dont know how that works, if he can play so soon after signing.

Barcafan 2304

havent seen Mach play to much either, isnt he more defensive? then we could use Busi when we can play more offensive and mach when we need a more defensive team.

will be interesting to see him though. he wont be ready for sundays game will he? dont know how that works, if he can play so soon after signing.

he will be presented on Monday so i think he is pretty much not going to be available for this opener

Hektor

Hi:

Playing both Mascherano and Busquets is perfect and they complement each other very well. Masch is more defensive oriented and Busi is more offensive minded. However, with both playing, we'll have to play a 4-4-2, with Iniesta and Xavi as the offensinse MD and Messi + Villa - no Pedro or Bojan.

If we want a 4-3-3, then only Masch or Busi can play with Iniesta and Xavi. Then Villa + Messi + Pedro. Unless, we sit either Iniesta or Xavi, then both MD's. We also have Keita.

Another alternative is to go to 3-4-3 and sit Puyol. And so on.

What I was trying to emphasize is that with Mascherano we have a lot of alternatives and flexibility that we did not have before. We can field a team and formation best suited for the opposing team. In addition, we can rotate players to do battle in all three fronts: La Liga, Copa del Rey, and Champions League. We are set as a team!

Best regards

Hektor

Home of Barca Fans