14 - Javier Mascherano

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well its tough on him because he still has plenty of years left on his contract and therefore we shall dictate the price to you not the other way around.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
That should be the case, but these Argies don't play with a straight bat all the time. I can't see Rafa not putting up a fight but we might not actually be interested in signing him at all if you think about it carefully.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
It's a ploy to force you to try and keep Xabi Alonso as we don't want Madrid to buy him. Rafa won't sell both of them, but he might sell one. If he doesn't know which one will go he will try and keep both as he always has a safety first approach. The more we say we are signing Mascherano (without actually making a bid you may have noticed) the higher the price for Xabi to Madrid.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
But in the end Madrid will pay big money for Xabi and get him while we won't break the bank for a signing thats not bound to be a starter in all the games as we have a rotation policy. He'll only future on regular basis in ACN.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
I guess if madrid want xabi also, they would held a garage sale this summer :D

T

The Kop

What a joke of a bid for Mascherano considering its the same amount that we paid for him not long ago. All in all, Alonso and Mascherano willl not both leave the club, its one or the other.

M.L. King

The Preacher
We don't need Mascherano... we have Yaya and Busquets, plus Keita who can play on the same position. We should rather bring two or three acquisitions that we really need... meaning a player like David Silva which would take some burden of Xavi's back.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
But in the end Madrid will pay big money for Xabi and get him while we won't break the bank for a signing thats not bound to be a starter in all the games as we have a rotation policy. He'll only future on regular basis in ACN.

they refused to break the bank for david villa who is the best striker in the world.

they're not gonna do it for xabi alonso who isn't even in the top 3 creative midfielders.

It's a ploy to force you to try and keep Xabi Alonso as we don't want Madrid to buy him. Rafa won't sell both of them, but he might sell one. If he doesn't know which one will go he will try and keep both as he always has a safety first approach. The more we say we are signing Mascherano (without actually making a bid you may have noticed) the higher the price for Xabi to Madrid.

very astute observation.

zanela

i dnt understand y we are after mascherano and not Xabi Alonso who i think ll be a better buy and a more useful player to us thn the former...he can be a backup for both xavi & iniesta and fill in for the latter in the midfield wen he plays on the wings...i just love his long-range shooting and hez good at free-kicks as well.(a much better option to have thn gudjohnsen,keita and Pleb)...So y arnt we after him?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
i dnt understand y we are after mascherano and not Xabi Alonso who i think ll be a better buy and a more useful player to us thn the former...he can be a backup for both xavi & iniesta and fill in for the latter in the midfield wen he plays on the wings...i just love his long-range shooting and hez good at free-kicks as well.(a much better option to have thn gudjohnsen,keita and Pleb)...So y arnt we after him?

because guardiola and txiki, despite their best efforts, can't understand your posts.

Home of Barca Fans