14 - Javier Mascherano

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Xabi is not a DM. Just look at the Confederation Cup. Xabi couldn't cover marcos senna spot. So why would we sign him for DM?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Xabi is not a DM. Just look at the Confederation Cup. Xabi couldn't cover marcos senna spot. So why would we sign him for DM?
We wouldn't that's the point. That's why he would be a smarter option than Mascherano, because we wouldn't be signing an out and out DM. However when Yaya goes for the ACN, he'd be more than capable of filling in.

S

Snyde

We don't want Xabi for DM. He could serve as backup DM in case of need however.
EDIT: Basically what 14 said...Xabi would've been such a great option. Can take long free kicks, long shots, excellent deep playmaker, highly technical.

And to fourteen and Evil: Read my post, I said Yaya will be played as second CM not JM. This is as Yaya is way better on the ball. His control, touch, dribbling and passing is much better than JM's.

Last edited:

sammy

But he probably realize, he will not be playing as regular first team. He have to compete with yaya, xavi, and iniesta for the first team, and he also have to compete with keita, busquet, (maybe) hleb just to make subs. So probably he have to work twice harder than he usually do. It's easier for him in liverpool or maybe in madrid, and he also (surely) want to make it to the WC.

With that reason, JM condition is the same.

C

Confz

Masch would be a waste of 25m tbh. Toure signed a new contract and we all know Toure is very solid. I rate him very high. Then we have Keita as a very strong back up just like Busquets :S

sammy

I know that keita and yaya will be out for acn, but that's the risk for signing an african player. But if it is yaya, i'm willing to take that risk.

PaulFCB

Banned
I would like to sign Mascherano, he's a worker on the field and a real DM. Would sell Keita and buy him and play him in the first 11.

Signing him & selling Keita seems like a good idea; except for one little factor. Where are we going to play him? We already have Yaya as a starter for the sole DM position & we have Busquets for cover.

So far we've been linked with right players (Villa, Keirrison, Luis), but the midfield has been left bare. Hleb & Guddy need to go; & Hernanes should be the 4th and last player that we should purchase this year (alongside the aforementioned 3). He can provide cover for Yay, Xavi and Iniesta, would be an excellent tactical play & has a lot of the qualities that we're missing in our midfield. We've been heavily linked with him last year, and only signed Helb when we couldn't agree on a price, Txiki apparently was in Sao Paulo 2 months ago looking for him again. I hope that we make a surprise move like we did on Keirrison.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I think selling Keita would be a mistake. For one Keita is a very versatile midfielder; he can play as DM, CM or even AM, which he demonstrated on many occasions this season. Thus we can make switches and rotate more often, if necessary. Keeping Keita, and adding a player of Silva's calibre would be perfect.

S

Snyde

Selling Keita would clearly be a mistake, thankfully the club has shown no intention to.

R

Red Devil

Cant see what people see in Masch he is a good player but other than a blocker he offers very little else he cant slot into anyother role he is just a blocker . I like players who can slot in at full back or can at least shoot .

Average player.

B

beautifulgame

Cant see what people see in Masch he is a good player but other than a blocker he offers very little else he cant slot into anyother role he is just a blocker . I like players who can slot in at full back or can at least shoot .

Average player.

I agree fully.

Evil

Shabazz
@Red Devil .. he is probably the best player in the world in terms of tackling, getting the ball back and winning possession, that's probably exactley what Barça need because our aim is to try to keep possession as long as possible and get the ball back quickly as soon as we loose it.

The only problem is we already have Yaya and Busquets .. and with only 1 DMF spot seeing Yaya or Masch on the bench at some point will be a waste of talent.

Home of Barca Fans