14 - Javier Mascherano

DucdeOrléans

Looking at in the retroperspective it was a mistake not to start with Mascherano.

Before the match I mentioned that I wanted to see a formation with Alves-Busquets-Pique-Abidal and Mascherano as a DM. It would have made our defence much stronger and our ball possesion.

I mean Mascherano is perfect for does kind of matches (CL knockout stages away from home). If he is not used now when will he then we used? At home when we will chase the result?

deelio

I think bringing on keita was the right call, and i think starting busi was the right call too. But masch should have been brought on instead of adriano. and much earlier.

P

PhilS

I think bringing on keita was the right call, and i think starting busi was the right call too. But masch should have been brought on instead of adriano. and much earlier.
Maybe Masch will get on the field more the next four games, then for the Camp Nou Arsenal rematch:
Valdes
Alves Busquets Puyol Abidal
Xavi Masch Iniesta
Trident

Then, Keita as fresh-legged sub to protect the 2-0 lead. Or, if it's 1-1 late, bring on the super offensive sub to get the goal. Who does that role on this team?

xsever

I think Masch and Busquets playing along each other would have sealed the deal better than Keita and Adriano.

R

red81_

He should put in a transfer request because he is not utilized well on this team.

You have to wonder how long he will be happy warming the bench. At 26 he is entering the prime years of his athletic career and being as competitive he is, it must kill him not to get on the field. I fear another ya-ya situation coming up.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I wonder how long Mascherano will be happy on the bench. If he was bought here to warm the bench then we shouldnt have wasted 20 million. We should have bought Senna or some other experienced dm who wouldnt have cost so much.

Also Masch is a proven EPL performer and knows how to deal with these physical games. Massive mistake not to use him for at least 30 mins. He tackles hard is physical and provides cover for the defence. In these CL games against tough physical opponents he is the ideal player. I mean this is what he should have been brought in for.

I think he is probably just comfortable being with his family at the moment in a similar culture and doesnt want to rock the boat but the time will come when he WILL give Pep and Barca an ultimatum. As national captain he should be playing on a regular basis. Hell, he isnt even a sub on a regular basis.

Home of Barca Fans