14 - Javier Mascherano

Richard.H

i meant playing Mascherano more would allow Busquets to play further up the pitch being able to dictate the play, like Xavi does now :)

O ok. Yeah Busquets holds the midfield very well and I see Masch as just a very natural, DM (when I think of a stereotypical DM I automatically think of Masch). Busi is more skillful and controls the ball much better, which can possibly lead him to be a replacement for Xavi.

Uhm a bit off topic, but we really can't risk and make a transfer for Cesc now.. With a stacked midfield and an already stacked B team, there's simply no room for Fabregas....

gingerless

for masch to play DM and busquets as CB (i support this) xavi/iniesta/messi are going to have to have a good game for masch's lack of creativity. messi should play like he did vs madrid and we're good.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Well, it's Busquets/Abidal + Mascherano in front.

I hope Pep drops Mascherano to the right in possession and keeps Busquets in the middle of the three at the back. Mascherano is better suited to play on the side of a defense + Busquets has the better qualities (height, passing etc) to occupy the center. I think you could eventually end up mixing Alves and Mascherano depending on where they are if Arsenal get possession.

Juan03

Busquets isn't exactly a creative player... he does his job of anchoring the midfield and complementing Xavi and Iniesta, making himself available for the simple passes, Mash can do that, I think yall are exaggerating, isn't it enough to have four superb creative players in Xavi, Ini, Messi and Dani?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Busquets helps out passing game far more than Masch, and he can pick a pass actually. Just last weekend it was his ball that played in Villa, superb through ball.

Thought Masch was our best player last night, excellent all the way through, and that coming on the back of another good performance against Valencia. I believe he'll start on Tuesday, with Biscuits at CB.

Juan03

Busquets helps out passing game far more than Masch, and he can pick a pass actually. Just last weekend it was his ball that played in Villa, superb through ball.

Thought Masch was our best player last night, excellent all the way through, and that coming on the back of another good performance against Valencia. I believe he'll start on Tuesday, with Biscuits at CB.

yea, i agree but that's expected he has been with Barca more time and raised through la masia but if Mash plays there we would still perform and keep possesion imo. I'm pretty sure Mash can pick a good pass too he just doesn't try because it's not his job and he has Xaviesta in front for that

zanela

One rash tackle, couple of stray passes and easily brushed aside in a duel...Not perfect but improving nonetheless.

Home of Barca Fans