14 - Javier Mascherano

zanela

what happened to all his red cards?

I don't see them.

what happened to Redcardscherano?

He got one during summer. ;)

But Seriously, he's less rash in his tackles for a start (taken more to simulation though, say hello to Busi the tutor :D) Understands the team dynamics and integrated in to the team nicely. Having better players around him, helps. Playing in a technical league with more skill and pace to deal with, has raised his game both in terms of positioning and anticipation.

(So do i still get accused of acknowledging only the fav players?)

iced1776

i think this is unfair. yaya was better than both busquets and masch at bringing the ball forward. masch is the best tackler, busquets has the best distribution, but yaya had the best ability to bring the ball forward from the back AND he was better in the air than masch/busquets. all 3 offered different things. the thing with yaya was the offer from man city was too good to turn down, if he'd gone for a mediocre amount i would have been significantly more pissed at losing him

Important to point out that Yaya is much faster than Sergi or Masch, he had an uncanny ability to chase down players in the middle of the field and break up dangerous counter attacks before they reached our back four. That's why to this day I think he should have played against Inter in the 3-1 CL loss where we gave up all counter attacking goals.

dalitis8

Banned
Important to point out that Yaya is much faster than Sergi or Masch, he had an uncanny ability to chase down players in the middle of the field and break up dangerous counter attacks before they reached our back four. That's why to this day I think he should have played against Inter in the 3-1 CL loss where we gave up all counter attacking goals.

It wasn't Yaya we missed that night, it was the Don.

Nevermind that the team were exhausted...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
are we still talking about Yaya Touré? some of you really need to get over it.

for the record: Badger is a better defensive player than Yaya in every regard. Yaya's taller and stronger, that's about it. but going forward Yaya is the superior player.

and of course, Badger fits our high-pressure game much more than Yaya does.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
He got one during summer. ;)

But Seriously, he's less rash in his tackles for a start (taken more to simulation though, say hello to Busi the tutor :D) Understands the team dynamics and integrated in to the team nicely. Having better players around him, helps. Playing in a technical league with more skill and pace to deal with, has raised his game both in terms of positioning and anticipation.

that red card was total bullshit. Suarez is such a piece of &*(%^$.

as for the rest of your assessment. his performances have improved, for sure, but he was always this good. he just needed to settle in the team.

(So do i still get accused of acknowledging only the fav players?)

well you did have to be prompted...

:p

gingerless

that pass to valdez was 100% valdezes fault imo. masch was immense in defense, and yes... his passing is getting better definitely, he's also picking up some ball holding skills

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
20080210135305!Honey_badger.jpg

nebeer

Love is All
Yeah he is getting better and better, and seems to be doing the role of CB very efficiently. It's great that we have players like him Sergio and Abidal who can become such good makeshift CBs.

e28makaveli

does anyone else also thinks that he has massively improved on his passing ability..?? awesome tonight...no fucking non sense...always there to save our ass.. :worthy:
He is getting better in that department and should continue fine tuning those skill. Masch is best at reading the game and making crucial interceptions - destroying opponent's play, I guess. But, he definitely is owning tha CB spot.

Home of Barca Fans