14 - Javier Mascherano

Chainsaw

Killahead
stop being biased..initially it was a foul by pique on ronaldo so if anything, the goal should have stood on advantage

lol. Advantage is when the refree see a foul and let the play continue in the favor of the the team that has been fouled. Refree didn't see any foul on Ronaldo. He called for Ronaldo's foul on Mascherano! Watch the scene instead of talking meaningless.

ivan22

lol. Advantage is when the refree see a foul and let the play continue in the favor of the the team that has been fouled. Refree didn't see any foul on Ronaldo. He called for Ronaldo's foul on Mascherano! Watch the scene instead of talking meaningless.

yes, but that was a wrong decision, there was a foul on ronaldo. And that was piques fault, so it was piques fault that mascherano fell down (no ronaldo falling down = no masche falling down). The mistake was to not call the foul on ronaldo, so the goal should be 'legal'. Even though we know, that mascherano would get the ball before higuain, it was piques fault.

Conclusion: It wasn't RM's fault that masch fell down, so I think it's a legal goal.

Profe me wrong please

Chainsaw

Killahead
yes, but that was a wrong decision, there was a foul on ronaldo. And that was piques fault, so it was piques fault that mascherano fell down (no ronaldo falling down = no masche falling down). The mistake was to not call the foul on ronaldo, so the goal should be 'legal'. Even though we know, that mascherano would get the ball before higuain, it was piques fault.

Conclusion: It wasn't RM's fault that masch fell down, so I think it's a legal goal.

Profe me wrong please

A foul doesn't always need to be intentional to be taken. Sometimes a player bring down the opponent unintentionally but that doesn't mean the refree should not blow the whistle for the foul. Ronaldo brought down Mascherano who was looking for the ball. It's not Pique's fault that Mascherano was down by Ronaldo!!! The ball was Masche's more than anyone else at the time of the foul. Go and watch. As I said before, the supposed foul on Ronaldo was a 50-50 call for me. The best Real could get out of this incident was a foul on Ronaldo. That's all.

ivan22

A foul doesn't always need to be intentional to be taken. Sometimes a player bring down the opponent unintentionally but that doesn't mean the refree should not blow the whistle for the foul. Ronaldo brought down Mascherano who was looking for the ball. It's not Pique's fault that Mascherano was down by Ronaldo!!! The ball was Masche's more than anyone else at the time of the foul. Go and watch. As I said before, the supposed foul on Ronaldo was a 50-50 call for me. The best Real could get out of this incident was a foul on Ronaldo. That's all.

of course it is, if ronaldo doesnt fall down, masch doesnt fall down, too.
lets say it was a foul on ronaldo. a foul means he falls down, then - like a chain reaction - it causes masch to fall down.

but if it was a foul, then the ref would give advantage to real. but imediately the advantage stops, because ronaldo fouls masch, so the action is over. that would make sense.

dont get me wrong. i just find this situation very interessting and want to discuss every aspect of it. also excuse my english, isn't my main language :)

Chainsaw

Killahead
of course it is, if ronaldo doesnt fall down, masch doesnt fall down, too.
lets say it was a foul on ronaldo. a foul means he falls down, then - like a chain reaction - it causes masch to fall down.

but if it was a foul, then the ref would give advantage to real. but imediately the advantage stops, because ronaldo fouls masch, so the action is over. that would make sense.

dont get me wrong. i just find this situation very interessting and want to discuss every aspect of it. also excuse my english, isn't my main language :)

By "It's not Pique's fault that Mascherano was down by Ronaldo!!!" I meant that just because Pique could have a hand on Ronaldo's falling doesn't mean that refree had to continue the match after Masche was down by Ronaldo. That's absolutely ridiculous to say if anyone is going to say sucha thing. If you look at the incident you will see that the moment before Ronaldo fall he lost the control of the ball, the ball was on Masche feet when Ronaldo fell. It is Mascherano who was the ball's owner at the time of the foul and the decision has to go to his favor.

fcbarcatenerife

It's really a situation that is open for interpretation. First of all it's clear that Ronaldo rolls over Mascherano's ankle, causing him to go down. At this point we have to ascertain if Piqué fouled Cristiano or not. I think that the contact between he and Piqué was pretty minor, but it could have been called a foul, it's a judgment call by the referee, not cut and dry. IF the referee understands that Piqué fouled Cristiano causing him to fall down on Mascherano's ankle then advantage should continue for Madrid and the goal should have stood. HOWEVER, if the referee thinks that Cristiano tumbled on his own or that the contact wasn't enough to warrant a foul then there is definitely a foul on Mascherano (intentional or not) and the play should be whistled dead. So really this all comes down to the referee's interpretation of the initial contact.

Considering how hard Madrid were fouling and the amount of contact that was not being called for a foul, it doesn't surprise me that the Piqué/Cristiano contact was not a foul in his eyes. However, given the nature of the situation, he would have to call a foul on Cristiano for clipping Masch's ankle. Either way, it's open for interpretation.

gingerless

lmfaoooo at this discussion

let us get this straight. the ref did not see a foul on ronaldo. ok? no foul there. what he did see was the last defender being "fouled" intentionally or not, he was going for the ball and then got fouled and fell down which meant he couldn't get to the ball anymore, he blew the whistle here before higuain touched the ball, so no the goal wasn't "disallowed" and the only mistake here was perhaps not giving a free kick to ronaldo- which i don't think the ref wanted to give since he was close to play and probably decided it wasn't a free kick.

so in the end it was

- "ronaldo dove, not giving a free-kick" / "too soft call for a free-kick, not going to call it"

- "last defender was fouled when he was going for the ball, free-kick"

Last edited:
Right after the match, I thought Mascherano hadn't been fouled but I just checked the suspicious scene on Youtube once again and I was really like "Oh My God!"

You guys who don't believe that Ronaldo committed a foul on Mascherano, just put yourselves in his (Masch) shoes.

Masche was running at his possibly highest speed and he didn't see Ronaldo at all. He's focusing on the ball which had been a goal if he wouldn't have tackled and suddenly, Ronaldo fell down on his heel, so Mach was brought down. The details are totally clear in this picture, take a look:

2vcj0ox.png

Starting from 1, Mascherano doesn't know that Ronaldo is there and he's totally focusing to tackle the ball. As you guys can see also, he's totally able to tackle the ball effortlessly since umm, that's his profession and he's pretty close to it though. So I don't see any logical reason for diving there, you guys really do?

I really don't know why Madrid players and fans are so cruel to us ... They won a Copa, we all congratulated them on that trophy and now that we're in final, they're all like "you guys don't deserve it! you couldn't do it if refs weren't there" and stuff like that. That ain't good actually. The only one who congratulated us was Valdano and no one else! It's hilarious. Even Casillas, who is a logical and fair person, said that we didn't deserve to be in the Final.

Some of my friends who were supporting Real Madrid aren't on speaking terms with me anymore after what happened in the match, they don't answer my calls and hang up on me :lol: :lol: :lol:!!! These things are ridiculous. What their coach, Mourinho did, which was a disgrace for the Football, doesn't surprise me then!

Home of Barca Fans