16 - Fermín López

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
We have such good players in this position. This guy is the perfect future we need. He has consistently performed whenever on the pitch.
Why the fuck are we even going for Olmo.

Masetro10

Barca fans will delude themselves because Fermin, a proven La Liga player, stomped on some random Japanese players. He is a fine player but cmon Olmo stomped on real teams in the Euros

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I remember when Lampard started coming through at West Ham and in his first few months at Chelsea. Exact same complaints that people have here about Fermin, West Ham and Chelsea fans had about Frank. Not good enough technically, gives the ball away too much, can't see a pass.

West Ham fans even complained that Frank only played because he was related to Harry Redknapp.

Fermank Lampez isn't a great squad player. He is a great player, period. If you know, you know.

Porque

Olmo has much better natural linkup, but Fermin is very productive on the 2nd line. If you are a normal team, it wouldn't make much sense buying Olmo for 60m when you have Fermin Lopez already. Especially when you are not inside the EPL bubble nor have the selling prowess like Madrid to attain a large fee selling Fermin (think Cole Palmer) to attain Olmo.

AMC is also the best position for Gundagon who in all likelihood is here next season.

So the question is can Olmo-Fermin-Lamine function? Because we will obviously go the Olmo or nothing route. Because if Olmo is playing AMC, Fermin may very well be Flicks 4th option for AMC.

Rory

Barca fans will delude themselves because Fermin, a proven La Liga player, stomped on some random Japanese players. He is a fine player but cmon Olmo stomped on real teams in the Euros
Fermin hasn’t just scored against random Japanese players. Scored against Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla last season

Masetro10

Fermin hasn’t just scored against random Japanese players. Scored against Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Valencia, Sevilla last season
Valencia and Sevilla finished 9th and 14th this isn't 2009. They are mid now.

Fermin is a decent player that can develop into better. But we could really use a player that was one of the main reason Spain won the Euro.

Rory

Valencia and Sevilla finished 9th and 14th this isn't 2009. They are mid now.

Fermin is a decent player that can develop into better. But we could really use a player that was one of the main reason Spain won the Euro.
Far better teams than the japanese olympic team though aren't they which was the main point. Still handful of other teams I mentioned shows he can score against decent teams.

Masetro10

Far better teams than the japanese olympic team though aren't they which was the main point. Still handful of other teams I mentioned shows he can score against decent teams.
Let's put it this way. If Fermin is starting for Barca we deserve Europa League every year. He is a good not great player still developing.

Olmo was a big part of why Spain won the Euros. Which while we are at it proves Pedri as well isn't better than Olmo. Once he got hurt Spain got even better.

Fermin is a fine player but goals vs Japan in the Olympics aren't the same as against Germany and France in the Euros.

Rory

Let's put it this way. If Fermin is starting for Barca we deserve Europa League every year. He is a good not great player still developing.

Olmo was a big part of why Spain won the Euros. Which while we are at it proves Pedri as well isn't better than Olmo. Once he got hurt Spain got even better.

Fermin is a fine player but goals vs Japan in the Olympics aren't the same as against Germany and France in the Euros.
We deserve europa every year if we start a promising 21 year old who's scoring goals for fun and comes from the academy?

Olmo played well at the euros, this is true. He's also injured half the season. Mbappe was terrible all euros. Olmo > Mbappe

Who is claiming goals vs Japan are as good as goals against Germany/France?

Masetro10

We deserve europa every year if we start a promising 21 year old who's scoring goals for fun and comes from the academy?

Olmo played well at the euros, this is true. He's also injured half the season. Mbappe was terrible all euros. Olmo > Mbappe

Who is claiming goals vs Japan are as good as goals against Germany/France?
Simply Olmo is better than Fermin and it isn't up to me to decide it. Both were on the Euro team as well and I know which De La Fuente went with...

People are mad about Olmo but it's only because of money. Not because of skill. Which is fine. But in a couple of years having Olmo on pretty low wages will be a major bargain. What proven player can realistically be bought for 60m anymore?

Gundogan is nearly finished
Pedri always hurt
Fermin is young and developing
Gavi isn't a #10
Pablo Torre is raw
Guille is a star prospect at the moment

We aren't as deep as people think.

Maradona37

He's looked a good talent when I have seen him - which is admittedly not much.

He has a lot of energy, seems a decent link-up player and can burst into the box to score. Whether he's good enough long-term for Barca (especially as you have plenty of players in his position) I have no idea as -like I say - the sample size of me watching him is small.

I tend to like Don's football posts and he rates him highly, so that's one thing I suppose. But will have to see more of him to form a better opinion.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Simply Olmo is better than Fermin and it isn't up to me to decide it. Both were on the Euro team as well and I know which De La Fuente went with...

People are mad about Olmo but it's only because of money. Not because of skill. Which is fine. But in a couple of years having Olmo on pretty low wages will be a major bargain. What proven player can realistically be bought for 60m anymore?

Gundogan is nearly finished
Pedri always hurt
Fermin is young and developing
Gavi isn't a #10
Pablo Torre is raw
Guille is a star prospect at the moment

We aren't as deep as people think.
No one here is not denying Olmo is better. The point people are making is getting Olmo, when we already have Gundo, and when he gets injured or is given rest we have Pedri, and when Pedri gets injured or needs rest we have Fermin for that same spot. 3 players we have for the same spot, don't you think that will be enough? Or when it's a dire situation we have Gavi or Pablo to make use of.
Getting Olmo will definitely improve us, but at what cost? It's 60mil when we are in a dire situation financially. When Pedri was fit, he was starting ahead of Olmo, so it's not a guarantee that Olmo will be that much better to justify 60mil. Having Olmo there definitely means less of Pedri and Gundo, because they sure are not better suited for as a CM, that place is for Gavi and FDJ and others. So we will definitely disrupt their spot and they won't have a good enough game spell to gell together.
Getting Olmo and playing Gundo, Pedri, and Fermin all frequently to justify having them in the team means, Olmo most definitely will play on the LW frequently. Not every match but at least 5-6 matches out of 10? That means you are again moving either Raphinha who is a natural forward to the bench or Benching Yamal to play Raphinha. Raphinha was our best forward last season, and will definitely deliver results if we have a cohesive team. Raphinha will definitely be a better LW than Olmo, or at most at par. So we are again spending the money that most likely will cause us more financial trouble on another marginal improvement at best. Having Olmo will definitely again disrupt our-front gelling together and playing in the role that most likely they will play during crucial moments of the season.

Getting Olmo will likely result in the same situation like we had when we got Coutinho or Griezman. When we have a functional team, but we would rather disrupt that to have a star who most likely will improve us margiunally but will cause a major disruption in almost every positoin in the team. This will likely hamper us when reaching that crucial moment of the season, as the players playing at that moment won't have played together enough times, or would be playing out of their main roles, so they won't be able to give 110% output they are supposed to give.

Last edited:

Porque

Olmo was still at Dinamo Zagreb at Fermins age.

I know you are buying Olmo because he is at his prime and development isn't linear.

But fuckin A to those who don't see Fermin could end up being a better player. Because he is pretty clutch right now.

Home of Barca Fans