16 - Fermín López

Porque

But only because he had absences
Same with Giuu he can't get any credit for him

the only youngster that Xavi trusted is Balde
The others he either found, or he was forced to use due to lack of options

That's how most young players break through though to be fair.

Fermin is definitely on Xavi, this is a guy who didn't have a slot in the B team last season and was sent on loan.

That the season before that was a bench player (for some reason) in the Juvenil A.

Olmo comparisons very valid, another player who wasn't seen internally as a top prospect. Hence being included in the Halilovic deal.

ajnotkeith

That's how most young players break through though to be fair.

Fermin is definitely on Xavi, this is a guy who didn't have a slot in the B team last season and was sent on loan.

That the season before that was a bench player (for some reason) in the Juvenil A.

Olmo comparisons very valid, another player who wasn't seen internally as a top prospect. Hence being included in the Halilovic deal.
It looks like Fermin was very small up till about 17 and then ended up spurting up and became fairly robust physically.
It makes me wonder if there was any medical intervention there because his body completely changed in the space of a year or two.

Apparently the reason he didn't play is that, he was about 5'3 or 5'4 up until 16 and very physically small so couldn't play ahead of the other more developed guys.

11 league goals in First RFEF in your first professional season is nothing to scoff at. I wonder why they sent him on loan because clearly his loan spell showed he had the talent for B. Maybe made for another reason..

Blanco

Sorry, but if you rate Fermin over Pedri or Gavi you have no clue about football.

That being said he looks very good. Could be a great squad player long-term. And potentially saves us from Olmo.
Sorry, but if you rate Gavi at all you have no clue about football.

Porque

It looks like Fermin was very small up till about 17 and then ended up spurting up and became fairly robust physically.
It makes me wonder if there was any medical intervention there because his body completely changed in the space of a year or two.

Apparently the reason he didn't play is that, he was about 5'3 or 5'4 up until 16 and very physically small so couldn't play ahead of the other more developed guys.

11 league goals in First RFEF in your first professional season is nothing to scoff at. I wonder why they sent him on loan because clearly his loan spell showed he had the talent for B. Maybe made for another reason..

I think he spent the summer at Conor Benn's.

Joking aside, he should never have gone out on loan, but in the end it benefitted him immensely.

I did watch the Copa de la Campeones (I think that's the name) and Fermin was always great when he come on. Never understood why he didn't get starts, but put it down to his playing style. Was very unLa Masia being vertical with individual dribbles from midfield.

We don't do that around here.

ajnotkeith

I think he spent the summer at Conor Benn's.

Joking aside, he should never have gone out on loan, but in the end it benefitted him immensely.

I did watch the Copa de la Campeones (I think that's the name) and Fermin was always great when he come on. Never understood why he didn't get starts, but put it down to his playing style. Was very unLa Masia being vertical with individual dribbles from midfield.

We don't do that around here.
This is him at 16! No wonder he wasn't very highly rated for a while.

He also mentioned in a recent interview that he wasn't good at shooting until recently, and that he didn't have enough power to be able to shoot from range in the past.
Seems like him catching up physically was the problem and that his slow physical development artificially kept him out of the pipeline.

His loan to Linares, just off the numbers, looks highly successful. When we loan our prospects to other RFEF teams or Segunda it usually doesn't work so he seems the exception to the rule. Could be a testament to his ability. Has to be mentioned also that Barca B is a bit of a comfort zone and that early experience of rougher and more difficult environments ala Araujo can help you grow.

FinBarcelonafan

Some people just grow up later.

FinBarcelonafan

This is him at 16! No wonder he wasn't very highly rated for a while.

He also mentioned in a recent interview that he wasn't good at shooting until recently, and that he didn't have enough power to be able to shoot from range in the past.
Seems like him catching up physically was the problem and that his slow physical development artificially kept him out of the pipeline.

His loan to Linares, just off the numbers, looks highly successful. When we loan our prospects to other RFEF teams or Segunda it usually doesn't work so he seems the exception to the rule. Could be a testament to his ability. Has to be mentioned also that Barca B is a bit of a comfort zone and that early experience of rougher and more difficult environments ala Araujo can help you grow.
Most likely it was never about talent but just becoming a man sized. He was damn tiny at 16. Shocking. :eek:

Nazario1985

Sorry, but if you rate Fermin over Pedri or Gavi you have no clue about football.

That being said he looks very good. Could be a great squad player long-term. And potentially saves us from Olmo.

He is way way better than Gavi albet having different roles.

Fermin will have a future
Gavi will end up at wolves when he's mature and once barca have some money to spend.
Said that about Ansu when he started ... people laughed

Andresito

Staff member
He's a different player to Gavi and Pedri for sure. But these last games he lacks the ability to turn with the ball consistently without losing it. Think he'll look very out of place against a top team as CM. If he plays behind the attacker then he can do some damage though.

Think he'll start on the bench vs Madrid on Saturday.

Home of Barca Fans