17 - Marc Casadó

companyofcules

Yes but that leaves just one spot for AM.

Not saying I have the solution though. I don't think Olmo, Pedri, Frenkie and Gavi can start together. That's an issue for later though. Casado brings balance and we might need that type of player in big games, if he's up for it we'll see.
They totally can
Lamine Raphinha
Olmo
FDJ Pedri
Gavi
A nice Cruyffistic diamond

companyofcules

For me Gavi is better than Casado at a DM job, he just needs to muscle up. Not saying Casado is bad but for now he has some limitations that Gavi doesn't. Less speed, less agresive pressing, less ball control.
You can also consider Eric. As CB he is a pub player, as DM he can be quite good, but he is still not mentally fit.

I guess this is how it feels to be a fan of a club like Madrid or City where you just have a bunch of players who can capably deputize important roles. Its been awhile since we've had any sort of real depth where it didnt feel like the guys on the bench were no better than just giving the barca b boys a chance. Turns out we should've done that way sooner, we may not have lost Xavi

Masetro10

Casado is just the perfect example of plug and play from La Masia. His level is probably Girona but since chemistry is maxed out he looks way better than he is really. Say Casado gets hurt you just plug in Pau Prim and he does a similar job.

What cannot be taught is size and speed. Bernal was prioritized because of his size. All these Barca CMs have technique for days.

jamrock

The club needs to sit down with the best scientist in Barcelona to figure out a way to make this chap, 15% taller and faster.

Because if they do, he'll be top class, for now excellent player, low key probably man of the match.

Porque

Casado is a good talent in his own right.

Way above the other recent graduates like Monchu, Collado, Alena, Jandro, etc. The key for him is to work hard, be consistent in his actions and know his limitations. Progress as such and he will be a valuable squad member under Flick. Under someone else who reverts to a slower game approach and less team mate movement, less so.

Maybe this generations Gabri? Just without the injuries.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He doesn't have Xavi level talent, he needs something else to make up for it.
Who does, he's arguably the greatest deep lying playmaker to have played the game

The point was that these arbitrary physical metrics like height & speed are not even the 2 most important traits for a pivote which Casado already possesses apart from vision - intelligence & positioning

Casado is wiredly quite similarly to Gavi from what I saw of him with B team, even has a great pausa to his game. I could care less if he was taller or faster, it wouldn't have made Xavi more lethal

jamrock

Who does, he's arguably the greatest deep lying playmaker to have played the game

The point was that these arbitrary physical metrics like height & speed are not even the 2 most important traits for a pivote which Casado already possesses apart from vision - intelligence & positioning

Casado is wiredly quite similarly to Gavi from what I saw of him with B team, even has a great pausa to his game. I could care less if he was taller or faster, it wouldn't have made Xavi more lethal

His vision,passing and technique aren't elite, so it would be good if he had the physical advantages to make up for it is my point.

He's a hard working, disciplined, tactically aware player, which will only get you so far.

But if he was taller & faster by just a bit, he could be our starting DM against the very best.

Porque

His vision,passing and technique aren't elite, so it would be good if he had the physical advantages to make up for it is my point.

He's a hard working, disciplined, tactically aware player, which will only get you so far.

But if he was taller & faster by just a bit, he could be our starting DM against the very best.

The Eric Garcia of defensive midfielders.

Well, Eric was considered a bigger talent at a youth level, but at 19/20 both were/are pretty similar in that if they had that extra bit physical rocket fuel, they could be in the top 5-6 in their positions nationally (Spanish).

jamrock

The Eric Garcia of defensive midfielders.

Well, Eric was considered a bigger talent at a youth level, but at 19/20 both were/are pretty similar in that if they had that extra bit physical rocket fuel, they could be in the top 5-6 in their positions nationally (Spanish).
Yep exactly

Home of Barca Fans