19 - Lamine Yamal

JohnN

No one In their right mind compares him with Messi.
He is a great talent for 16 yo.
Took great responsibility and was cool under the spotlight. All good indicators for his evolution.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Liked reading what his youth coach Diaz said in Sport - giving an impression he is level headed & focused, traits you surely would have to possess to exude so much maturity at 16 in a game where the average age of professionals with at least a decade of seniority/experience

What I also love already about his potential is how he elevates in the biggest matches at every youth category, to be a catalyst and not hide - and does it with an ease only the game’s greatest can deliver

Because he’s 16, his physical attributes remain developing and before he’s even 20 Yamal will already look very different than what he does today - no one can accurately gauge how that will translate on the pitch but his existing tools are all WC, so the ceiling is unlike any other player in the game IMHO

Messi at 16 was an anomaly, particularly in how relentlessly he attacked the goal - I don’t think many could’ve predicted his trajectory much less ceiling but his skill set improved by the age of 21 to where he added weapons like fks he didn’t demonstrate at 16. Leo kept working on his overall game & passing

The key is having the right foundation to build upon, coupled with an ambition, discipline & focus to develop in the absence of a mentor - because let’s face it, even in Fall of this season it was clear Lamine was the most dangerous player in the squad and he hadn’t been in the 1st team environment for even 6 months yet

Lamine will flourish irrespective of who is there to coach or inspire but it’s clear he should be well managed to ensure an environment to thive/grow. Adding the right profile of teammates will be vital as well, hence why I am so much an advocate of acquiring Nico Williams — something special can happen if they are united

jamrock

No one In their right mind compares him with Messi.
He is a great talent for 16 yo.
Took great responsibility and was cool under the spotlight. All good indicators for his evolution.

The only person that has ever compared him to Messi, is that gazz dude yesterday

Not a single person else as ever done that., I've hear mahrez comparisons and a few others all realistic, but not the GOAT.

Gazzznigga

lol if he needs to show more, your expectations on a 16 years kid is literally unreal
Oh really? I didn't know he was 16 with the number of adulations he has been given on this forum. Can everyone then just stfu and let's wait till he is of "brawl age" and consistent, before heaping those praises.

When they show a few glimpses of talent, we hear, "what a talent" "he has the team on his shoulders", ",an outrageous player" , "future "BdOr".....etc, but when they fail to impress or go back their levels, all we hear is "oh, he is 16, he will improve" or "for his age, "he is a super talent, time will tell", ..oh no, that was just a dip in form" .
I have seen enough of these in the past to withold any early judgement of all these "new saviours" you all come up with every season.

Last edited:

Messigician

Oh really? I didn't know he was 16 with the number of adulations he has been given on this forum. Can everyone then just stfu and let's wait till he is of "brawl age" and consistent, before heaping those praises.

When they show a few glimpses of talent we hear, "what a talent" "he has the team on his shoulders", ",an outrageous player" "future "BdOr"but when they fail to impress or go back their level all we hear is "oh, he is 16, he will improve" or "for his age, he is a super talent". I have seen enough of these in the past to withold any early judgement of all these "new saviours" you all come up with every season.
No nigga

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

When they show a few glimpses of talent, we hear, "what a talent" "he has the team on his shoulders", ",an outrageous player" , "future "BdOr".....etc, but when they fail to impress or go back their levels, all we hear is "oh, he is 16, he will improve" or "for his age, "he is a super talent, time will tell", ..oh no, that was just a dip in form" .
I have seen enough of these in the past to withold any early judgement of all these "new saviours" you all come up with every season.
Shut the fuck up, 0 ball knowledge

Masetro10

Hansi Flick will probably not focus on the wings as much as Xavi who was obsessed. But Yamal also would be better served playing a year or 2 not as the main option. Crazy he was asked to be the main guy at points as a 16 yr old

soul24rage

Past, Present and Future

GPKC7tBXsAAoDLl

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Ouch!! ..some raw nerves...LOL!! Take some chill, kid!

Typical delusional Barca buffon.
Exerting negative energies amd nuttin on "talents and prospects" since 2015 while serious clubs continue to build legacies and pile more history.

Buffon never played for Barca :umtitol:

On a serious note, you sound like a sore Madridista, constantly hating on the LaMasia lads, because you can't bring a player through your academy who is good enough to even get in Barca's women's team.

Home of Barca Fans