Vitor Roque (loaned to Real Betis)

vuji_31

I am sceptical about him, I would rather sign Auba on loan then spend 40mil on this kid.

he is backup and we need some starters.

We needed tp buy Julian Alvarez, that was real deal, this kid is not.

khaled_a_d

We needed tp buy Julian Alvarez, that was real deal, this kid is not.

A bit harsh on him?
I would have liked to get Alvarez, btw, it was a mistake not to go for him.
But Roque is 5 years younger and plays in stronger league than Alvarez was. Has almost identical physical tools to Alvarez, and when Alvarez was 3 years older, he had a total of 13 goals in senior career while Roque has 14 now.

Not saying it is a guarantee he will be better, but he seems on right track.

Porque

Only thing holding me back slightly about Roque is that his technique seems more Richarlison and Gabriel Barbosa than Rodrygo and Gabriel Jesus.

From the little I seen of this upcoming batch of young Brazilians, outside Endrick (and Angelo Gabriel), it's more power and drive than technique.

But sometimes you need it, although the whole package would be desirable.

soul24rage

Only thing holding me back slightly about Roque is that his technique seems more Richarlison and Gabriel Barbosa than Rodrygo and Gabriel Jesus.

From the little I seen of this upcoming batch of young Brazilians, outside Endrick (and Angelo Gabriel), it's more power and drive than technique.

But sometimes you need it, although the whole package would be desirable.
True, we have enough technique in the team imo so power and drive would be great to balance things out.

vuji_31

A bit harsh on him?
I would have liked to get Alvarez, btw, it was a mistake not to go for him.
But Roque is 5 years younger and plays in stronger league than Alvarez was. Has almost identical physical tools to Alvarez, and when Alvarez was 3 years older, he had a total of 13 goals in senior career while Roque has 14 now.

Not saying it is a guarantee he will be better, but he seems on right track.
Well, I didn't watch them playing, but from what I have seen from clips, Alvarez is technically miles away from Roque.

Alvarez = Aguero, Roque = Lautaro

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Julian Alvarez is better technically, but we won't be able to sign him now. Maybe we would have been able to sign him if we didn't grant Xavi his request of signing Ferran Torres.

Won't be surprised if Pep finds a way to involve him much more next season whether it's him playing out wide or together with Haaland.

Porque

With Madrid now actively looking for a Benz replacement, can't be long until they table a 40m bid on Roque, even if he isn't priority 1. Just to fckn with us and get another high potential Brazilian (think Rodrygo).

Don't worry, we can also go for Naoki Kumata...

FCMessi

After wasting hundreds of millions euros on flops and posers, Barca has no choice but to lowball the shit out of everything on 2 legs.

Home of Barca Fans