20 - Dani Olmo

serghei

Could be our best midfield signing since rakitic. He has qualities that are unlikely to fade. Very smart player, fast, good touch, good finishing skills. He has it all for AM role.

The only thing I don't like about him is the fancy dribbling attempts. If you fail too many of those you can easily fall on the bad side of risk-benefit equation. For most players, especially midfielders, it's better to strip their game from such exuberant attempts. Needs to be careful to not overdo it.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

He probably came in the right time. When the rumors of him started some 3-4 years ago, he was still growing up as a player, while we still had Messi or a chaotic aftermath of him leaving. Now he's at his peak, just after winning major trophy, mature and full of confidence and we have fresh new coach that seems to have good idea for him, while surrounded by lot of young and younger players, who have potentially good synergy with him.

SmilerBam

This was such an unnecessary transfer
................... Unless he plays like that every other week !

Definitely the best 45 minute debut I've ever seen. He was magical with everything he did and carried the team on his shoulders.

I will say this now, and people can quote me at the end of the season. There is not one facet of football that Jude Bellingham does better than Dani Olmo, bar heading. In all the main midfield criteria Olmo is completely and utterly clear. Only tackling is close.

Olmo is as superior to Jude as Messi was to Cristiano. Pure natural silk versus manufactured polyester. Both keep you warm in the winter, but in two completely different ways.
Let's not get carried for now. Bellingham took this league by storm last year while being 20. It might be a purple season for him or the reality. Olmo is older and needs to settle in a team that is less good than Real. The expectations are big on the fella. Wheter he s better than Bellingham is not important, he needs to do his job, which means providing assists and chip in with a few goals.

Masetro10

Let's not get carried for now. Bellingham took this league by storm last year while being 20. It might be a purple season for him or the reality. Olmo is older and needs to settle in a team that is less good than Real. The expectations are big on the fella. Wheter he s better than Bellingham is not important, he needs to do his job, which means providing assists and chip in with a few goals.
Bellingham won't score 20 ever again. Special circumstances led to that

SmilerBam

Bellingham won't score 20 ever again. Special circumstances led to that
Surely, but Bellingham until now, in his shorter career, has been more influential than Olmo. Also, Olmo is kinda the finished article. Bellingham isn't. And he has the advantage to play in a more stacked team, less pressure for him. For now at least. If all our La Masia prospects will develop as they should, we'll dominate Madrid once again. But it's a big IF.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Surely, but Bellingham until now, in his shorter career, has been more influential than Olmo. Also, Olmo is kinda the finished article. Bellingham isn't. And he has the advantage to play in a more stacked team, less pressure for him. For now at least. If all our La Masia prospects will develop as they should, we'll dominate Madrid once again. But it's a big IF.
You sound like Madridista than a cule.
How is he a finished article? Is it because of age? He's 26, so primetime age, can give us atleast 5 years of football.
Olmo just won a Euro where he was influencial.

SmilerBam

You sound like Madridista than a cule.
How is he a finished article? Is it because of age? He's 26, so primetime age, can give us atleast 5 years of football.
Olmo just won a Euro where he was influencial.
I am just realistic, i think Bellingham has a higher ceilling than Olmo. I am very much a Cule, but i m not get carried away about Olmo. Hope i ll be mistaken. Yamal on the other hand...shades of Messi on that guy.

Porque

Yes Bellingham is better, and that's why he cost more than double when you add up all the clauses that Madrid media have kept hidden.

But in the current market and for Barcelona's game, Olmo could be a fantastic pick up for us at 60m. Certainly his first game was fantastic.

Just that we are in such a precarious way with the cap space.

Iniesta Ultra

Puig is obviously much cheaper and better than Ohlno but I'd still take the latter over Ham. And as posted already would take Savinho, Kvara, or Barcola over Mcry.

Home of Barca Fans