2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

barcaboy15

Before last night I still needed to be convinced, but I have to agree now. There are no bigger clubs (Barca aside) than United and RM, and Barca have controlled both teams easily in the CL, and that makes them a very special team. There is nothing I dislike about them either, they are very classy along with everything else.

SAF has been manager for us for 25 years, and I really do worry about our future when he goes. Whilst he's here I think we will always be number one in England, but when he goes (and football being the way it is for managers these days), it could be tough times for United. I'd love someone like Pep, but I really can't see why he would ever want to manage anyone else other than Barca, either way it HAS to be someone endorsing attractive attacking football.

25 years? Wow, that is stunning...

It seems silly to be finding the negatives in having had a manager like Ferguson, but it really will be so difficult when he goes and that is the one thing that worries me so much for Barca as well - when Guardiola goes as he seems to be planning to not stay for decades a la Ferguson then how do you continue from that? Who can possibly replace him? The same goes for Ferguson, and it is not just their success but what they bring to the club in terms of mentality, beliefs, and above all the heart and love of pure attacking football.

But I suppose that is something to worry about when it comes and for now these two great managers should be enjoyed as they don't come around often.

Anyway, here's to seeing you in the final against next year:beer2: (with Real out in the last-16 - where they belong)

Unbiased United

Unbiased,what do you think about SAF decision with Berbatov?

I was very surprised to be honest Corb, thought he'd at least make the bench. I wonder if something went on behind the scenes, i,e. SAF told him he was going to be sub and he didn't like it and acted out of line, with SAF then dropping him completely. Why else would you completely drop your top scorer?...quite strange really.

Marc

Barcelona last night proved that we are more then a club. No one is near Barcelona. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, they are only football clubs. Our La Masia got us victory, Abidal lifting the trophey, and our behaviour on and of the pitch. Barcelona is the greatest team of all time! VISCA BARCA!

VoidPg

barcaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratulation to all cules

Unbiased United

25 years? Wow, that is stunning...

It seems silly to be finding the negatives in having had a manager like Ferguson, but it really will be so difficult when he goes and that is the one thing that worries me so much for Barca as well - when Guardiola goes as he seems to be planning to not stay for decades a la Ferguson then how do you continue from that? Who can possibly replace him? The same goes for Ferguson, and it is not just their success but what they bring to the club in terms of mentality, beliefs, and above all the heart and love of pure attacking football.

But I suppose that is something to worry about when it comes and for now these two great managers should be enjoyed as they don't come around often.

Anyway, here's to seeing you in the final against next year:beer2: (with Real out in the last-16 - where they belong)

I haven't enjoyed the first two rounds quite as much.... ;) :D ....but I'm sure there will be round 3 in the near future!

But yeah, I totally understand what your saying. Pep is a top class manager and I'd be worried about losing him. But that said, and certainly for Barcelona its a time for celebrating not worrying! :D

The thing with SAF (not sure if its the same with Pep?) though is he's not just a manager, he's so much more. He's manager, coach, father figure..etc etc. He is involved with absolutely everything at United, Its all he thinks about every minute of every day, in MU circles he's absolutely untouchable. In my opinion when he goes, there is a real danger of it all just falling apart, because he controls everything.

karthik

Pep = 2 Champions League titles in 3 years. (40 years old)

Ferguson = 2 Champions League titles in 25 years. (69 years old)

The only difference is one has helped to build multiple teams from the scratch winning countless trophies and plaudits when the other has had a rocket flying start to his career winning a decima of trophies in the span of 1000 days, thanks to his very own genius and the love the players had for him.

For me still, Ferguson is better than Guardiola in terms of longetivity, consistency, dedication at such an age. Guardiola has done the unimaginable but still has a lot to do and who knows, may be he can better Sir Alex. But comparing them both at the moment shows we are just desperate to prove some point. :/

the-don

Have no one noticed that we shooted a lot more from distance was that coincidence or just planned to do so. And the studied freekick would have been a goal certainly if pedro could get the ball we should try that more often.

Last edited:

karthik

On the game

Well, what can I say. Just breath-taking. Just wonderful. Im feeling proud of the team, the fans, the philosophy and especially the faith in it.

Gracies Equip iGracias Pep

This really was your League and Champions League.

Moment of the game : When King Eric lifted the trophy.:worthy:

Campeoness campeoness ole ole oleeeeee

karthik

Have no one noticed that we shooted a lot more from distance wat that coincidence or just planned to do so. And the studied freekick would have been a goal certainly if pedro could get the ball we should try that more often.

Our first game of the season in which two goals were scored from the outside of the D-box and what goals they were :O

Unbiased United

This man u love in makes me want to vomit.........

Awww... don't be upset. At least your team will get a chance in europe next season, well pretend europe anyway. But let me guess...'wait until next seaon and we'll see!' right?. Love it when you guys say that, Iv'e won £20 quid for the last 6 years off my mate saying the same thing. But by all means keep hating, I know it makes you guys feel better.

The only difference is one has helped to build multiple teams from the scratch winning countless trophies and plaudits when the other has had a rocket flying start to his career winning a decima of trophies in the span of 1000 days, thanks to his very own genius and the love the players had for him.

For me still, Ferguson is better than Guardiola in terms of longetivity, consistency, dedication at such an age. Guardiola has done the unimaginable but still has a lot to do and who knows, may be he can better Sir Alex. But comparing them both at the moment shows we are just desperate to prove some point. :/

Very well said.

I love pep, he's my favorite aside from SAF. But two compare the two at this point is ridiculous....

Home of Barca Fans