2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

voodoomaster

Spain lost their first game in 2010.

Yeah, but that spain had a brilliant xavi, iniesta, puyol, pique, ramos, silva, busquets, casillias......most definitely quality players. Brazil is by no means even remotely close to such brilliance. This Brasil simply dont play appealing football. Its sad really. It should have been 1982, 94 or 2002.

BrazilFan

Brazil 94 was appealing to you?

I didn't post here back in 2010, so I don't know how it was viewed but in other forums I regularly visited, I remember people was saying Spain was overrated and wasn't going to win the World Cup in 2010 after the first game. Futbol fans are know to have a severe case of prisoner of the moment syndrome.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Bp9mXPLIUAA0lt0.jpg:large

L

linetty

Brazil is a dangerous side but I doubt they'll win it, even with favourable calls. Their defence looks good on paper but in reality Marcelo, Alves and Luiz are clowns. Neymar won't win them all of the games.

That silly own goal would've killed them had they played Spain, Germany etc

BTW Corluka said that the referee was talking only in Japanese and they couldn't understand him at all... Shame

Last edited:

khorne

I could live with host nations getting some "soft" benefits, for instance when brazil faces a very physical side, then they'll use a girl soccer approach to fouls (apologies to all girl soccer players, you're totally awesome) rather than premier league level.

But these blatant calls that completely change the game, that's what ruins the world cup for me. Kovac is totally right when he says "why bother coming then?" It's one thing to fight an uphill battle against a host because of the crowd, and the general conditions being in their favor, but active meddling in the game against you is an entirely different thing.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Impossible. Spain, Chile and Brazil can't all finish in top 4.

I know I am saying those teama are my favs to make it into the top 4 but I know not all 4 can make it they will have to face eachother before the semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans