2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Barcilliant

If we can score early the game will be a much better spectacle for us and neutrals alike. If we don't then it becomes a battle of attrition.

RevoTeller

So every non-Barça fan should deepthroat Barcelona as much as their own fans? :D

I mean, don't get me wrong, I think highly of Barcelona. But this double morale discourse it's pretty dumb IMO. Probably most of you guys wouldn't be able to name 5 Juventus players outside Tevez, Pogba, Pirlo and Buffon if we hadn't made it to the final. Or probably you don't recognize our fantastic MVP (Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba) midfield or rate it as highly as you should. Probably don't know about Lichtsteiner either, one of the best defensive right backs in the world. Or that we have 3 great CB, amongst them all Barzagli who's as solid as a wall and probably the most underrated defender in the world. Or that we don't "park the bus" as most people seem to think.

Would this be enough reason for us to call Barcelona fans ignorants, delusional, or idiots? According to you and some others, well, yes.

I cant's speak for other people, but, personally, I watch Serie A every week-end so I know about Juve quite well.

- Lichtsteiner is a beast physically but he lacks a little bit in quality; also, he tends to suffer against small and agile players (in fact, nearly every time he faces Nagatomo, for example, he goes dumb, despite Nagatomo being a mediocre player at best).

- Barzagli is the best defender you have, a great player no doubt, but he missed a consistent part of the season so he probably isn't 100% fit.

- Chiellini, again, is a beast physically, but he commits a lot of fouls every game; also, his technique is horrible to say the least and often he commits awful pass errors if pressed.

- Bonucci improved a lot this year but he often thinks he is Beckenbauer, committing laughable errors due to superficiality. If Barça are smart enough they would take that into account.

- Buffon was nearly finished not so long ago according to Juve fans themselves, but this year was good for him; still, he is horrible and slow with his feet so Barça strikers (Suarez especially) need to press him everytime he has the ball.

- Evra was a world class left back, now he is not on that level anymore but, still, he had a great impact on Juve this season and played very well. Also, he is an experienced player regarding this type of games.

At the end of the day, your defense is good, but nothing impressive (Juve itself had a much better defense years ago): what really makes the difference in your squad is the midfield, especially the likes of Vidal (even more than Pogba IMHO) who seems to have 8 lungs, other than very good quality.
Other than that, also Marchisio is very good while Pogba is a great talent (albeit not 100% fit after two months of stop), and overall, these three are so strong that they can support even Pirlo playing a 90 minute game. About Pirlo, he is finished, this year he has been awful bar freekicks (really a Maestro here); I hope he plays the Final as he did the whole year, it would be a great advantage for Barça.
Then, there's Pereyra, who runs like a crazy horse and is also pretty good quality-wise: I hope Allegri doesn't play him, his counter-attacks could be troublesome for us.

Regarding your attack, Tevez is the mean threat: he is having the season of his life, and while his numbers are good (but nothing exceptional still), what impresses me the most is the fact that he is the Leader of Juventus, and, if needed, he becomes a midfielder, other than running like a beast.
Morata is a great talent but he is exploding in this late part of the season (sadly for us, since he is an extra weapon to your disposal); before he was nothing worthy talking about.
Llorrente had been poor the over-all season, but his height could still be a problem for Barça.
Finally, Matri should be a non-factor, given that he will play few minutes at most (because of that, I can't imagine this CL Final decided by a Matri's goal; it would be something crazy :lol:).

At the end of the day, your team is very good, surely the best in Italy by far, but the only players I truly fear are Vidal, Tevez and possibly Pogba.
The rest is nothing exceptional, and what makes the difference in Juve is not the talent of the single player, but the spirit and cohesion of the whole team.

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
How can anyone think this will be an easy match. Juventus is a strong defensive team, the kind that can sit back, be patient, and give Barça problems

RevoTeller

If anyone knows, are Lazio a worthy opponent? From what I realize they are somewhat better than Bilbao for sure.

Along with Juventus, they are the best team of the whole Serie A return leg.
Also, the game will be played at Rome, so for Lazio is like playing at home, basically; anyway, in the last matches between these two teams, Lazio always lost consistently.

XaviMessiGirl

Anybody know if it is showing on BEIN Sports?

Yes.

If anyone knows, are Lazio a worthy opponent? From what I realize they are somewhat better than Bilbao for sure.

At the moment they really are the second best team in Serie A (despite the table saying third place), as Roma imploded the second half of the season. Lazio may have some inferior players to Juve on paper, but Pioli has got them playing very well. Definitely a chance for them, especially because they are at "home".

serghei

Remember Chelsea 2012 anyone? This Juventus team is better than that version of Chelsea. I understand optimism, but it is a final, and finals are almost always difficult to win. 1986, FC Barcelona - Steaua Bucharest, European Cup final, played in Spain, Barcelona huge favourites, Steaua won. You have to show more respect to your opponent in a final.

Pepe Silvia

Remember Chelsea 2012 anyone? This Juventus team is better than that version of Chelsea. I understand optimism, but it is a final, and finals are almost always difficult to win. 1986, FC Barcelona - Steaua Bucharest, European Cup final, played in Spain, Barcelona huge favourites, Steaua won. You have to show more respect to your opponent in a final.
The players don't take Juve as lightly as some fans I'm sure. This Juve team took out RM! Of course they are deadly and can take us out too.

Home of Barca Fans