2022 Pre-Season - starts 4th July

OVI9323

Loved De Jong, Dembele AND Lewa (even if his finishing was underwhelming)... I expect him to be clutch when the season start but his link up play look promising

serghei

Well, he is put on RB only to keep Vinicius in check as much as possible. Or Mbappe probably if we play PSG. Otherwise, he has no bussiness playing there.

Porque

Pedri hasnt been too hot himself this pre-season.

Midfield setup is diabolical. Lewandowski must wonder why he has left and right support strikers.

Unpopular opinion, Riqui Puig would be better than Frenkie.

Joan

Unpopular oppinion, but Gavi is not even close as talented as Pedri is, especially in the creative department.

Maybe it's unpopular but I agree. It's obvious they'll end up two very different players but Pedri is just much more talented.

Catta

Araujo is wasted at RB. He should play it only against Real when we need to stop Vini.
At CB his passing is not as a big problem like when he is a RB.

serghei

If only De Jong wouldn't be so limited when he gets into good positions... he'd be a very interesting player. What good running is if once you get well positioned you don't know what to do?

Joan

What did y'all like about de Jong? His passing was piss poor, took days to get rid of the ball. 1 on 1 defending and covering was good. Couldn't be pressed. Liked that.

Started terrible, better later in the half.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

If only De Jong wouldn't be so limited when he gets into good positions... he'd be a very interesting player. What good running is if once you get well positioned you don't know what to do?

Exactly. It must drive Xavi crazy.

He is useless making great pass or finish

serghei

Midfielders need to wake up imo, or we're gonna become a top heavy team again. All danger comes from front 3 combining with each other now. Little to no quality service from midfield in the last third. Gavi and Frenkie need to do a lot more offensively. Or Pedri.

All midfielders were so-so in this preseason. Expect more.

Joan

Araujo has a lot of learning to do

He is very limited as a RB. Of course he needs to improve but I don't expect much from him there. Makes sense if faced with a pacy winger who's also a focal point of opponent's attack. But comes with big sacrifice. Otherwise pointless.

He excels as a CB and is very good there.

serghei

He is very limited as a RB. Of course he needs to improve but I don't expect much from him there. Makes sense if faced with a pacy winger who's also a focal point of opponent's attack. But comes with big sacrifice. Otherwise pointless.

He excels as a CB and is very good there.

Totally worth it in that case. But we're talking only Mbappe and Vinicius.

Home of Barca Fans