2023 Preseason

jamrock

Dembele can be the best winger in the world.
This guy has everything. Pace, dribbling, technique, shot power, crossing/passing accuracy, both footedness...

If you created a touchline winger in a lab it would be him.

Sorry but there is no way Raphinia is better than this guy even if he does score some goals and is pretty good. Dembele is world-class and that's undisputable. Just make sure he's playing consistently without injury and he will develop into the best winger in the world.
Thing is people have been saying that for 6 years now.

He's gotta put it together over at the very least 1 Truly great season.

4-5 months of a few good actions, a world class player it does not make.

El Gato

Villarato!
The problem is Carlo... Almost every time we play them is the same, they barely get a look at goal.

He cant hack Xaviball.
Meh. Samey under many managers.

Body language not good. Players barely ever look like they care about direct meetings unless it's a serious cup tie

Juxtapose that against Barca who are in uber insecurity mode trying to prove theyre not as shit as finances suggest every time they see us

ajnotkeith

Thing is people have been saying that for 6 years now.

He's gotta put it together over at the very least 1 Truly great season.

4-5 months of a few good actions, a world class player it does not make.
I agree his fitness is bad and has never proved itself but, recently its been much better and if he can be managed carefully I think he can manage near enough a full season.

Then once he starts playing consistently and picks up rhythm/physical condition he will be even better than he already is when he comes back after injury every few months.
If this isn't the season that he can stay fit, then I don't know when it will be.

jamrock

Even though I don't want us to be this intense, I kinda like it, we lost some prep time gotta make that time up.

Home of Barca Fans