2024/25 Preseason

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Really wish it would work out for Ansu, but I just don't think it's meant to be. One, just one injury, and I think everyone is gonna totally give up on him, and we might even sell him in January, if not this summer already.

if he is able to score 20 goals, he will be a nice additon to Lewa

Lewa + Ansu = :love:

gregorrin10

if he is able to score 20 goals, he will be a nice additon to Lewa

Lewa + Ansu = :love:
If we can get Nico, Ansu could be a great rotation option to have, basically without any pressure and being slowly re-integrated into the team (rotation). I would love it if we went into the season with Nico/Ansu, Lewa/Roque and Yamal/Raphinha. So many options, with Ansu and Roque both able to play LW/CF if needed, and also Raphinha CAM. Plus Fermin also having a role to play in those positions. We'd be stacked. Even without Ferran.

If we manage to get Nico, one of Ansu/Ferran is a goner for sure. Really wish that would be Ferran though. And with him actually having an international pedigree, I feel we would for sure get more money (not that it's a lot, but we should be aiming for that 20-30M mark at least) for him as well, not to mention his best position is RW anyway, which will be our most quality stacked position, if we get to keep Raphinha alongside Yamal, which we really should.

If we really needed to make a big sale to get Nico, I would totally be up for selling De Jong before Raphinha, and before Araujo too. De Jong being the one we sell is really a no brainer among those three for me. Wages wise even more so. But of course it all depends on how those contract negotiatons go with both De Jong and Araujo.

But hopefully with the Nike deal coming in, and the money from Barca Studios and us returning to the Camp Nou until the end of the year, we won't have to sell anyone, since I still like De Jong and I can't say I'm not excited of seeing him get to play in his best formation/position under Flick...especially if he's willing to come back down to reality and sign that 'post Bartomeu' contract extension.

Loki

Flick gonna have a hell of a preseason:

- Araujo, Pedri, Gavi, Frenkie injured
- Cubarsi, Fermin and Eric Garcia playing Olympics probably till one week before LL starts
- Kounde, Lamine and Ferran gonna return like in the very end of July if they get a 3 week holidays.

It means, first team players available are (And half of them gonna join in weeks):

MAtS, Pena, Christensen, Inigo, Balde, Fort, Gundogan, Fati, Rapha, Roque, Lewy .

Last edited:

Loki

Does anyone know what hotel the team stays in during games in the US to meet the players?
They usually tour through the US and never stay at one place for too long. They had always detailed information about last tours, gonna be the same again I think.
First game they play in Florida, Orlando against City. Second game clasico in New Jersey MetLife stadium and third game against Milan gonna be in Baltimore.

Messi983

It's hard to count to 16...

Although the start of the medical tests was announced at 9 a.m., the blood tests have already begun at 8:30 a.m. The central defender Iñigo Martínez has been the earliest riser (7.55 hours) of the 16 players who made an appearance this morning among returning loan players (Ansu Fati, Clément Lenglet, Pablo Torre, Julián Araujo and Àlex Valle), injured (Alejandro Balde , Gavi Frankie de Jong), from last season's first team who have completed their vacations (Iñaki Peña, Oriol Romeu, Vitor Roque and the aforementioned Iñigo Martínez) and players who come up from the reserve team and the youth team to do, at least, the preseason (Marc Casadó, Mika Faye, Héctor Fort, Ander Astralaga, Noah Darvich, Guille Fernández, Toni Fernández and Andrés Cuenca).

jamrock

First week of preseason complete.

7/13.

I've noticed how physical developed Faye,Darvish & Guille is for their age, if the talent is at the right level, they will be important for the first team in the next 2-3 seasons.

Maradona37

The kid Guille is already 6 foot 3 at 16, isn't he? Apparently he's the next big thing from La Masia yeah? Some saying he's an even bigger talent than Yamal. Midfielder, yeah?

Edit, have him mixed up with someone else, he is 5 foot 7.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans