21 - Frenkie de Jong

Dammie10

Just what I was afraid of when i saw Frenkie his strengths and weaknesses as a Dutchmen at Ajax

I keep saying it. His problem is to feel the rhythms of attacks. Some how some way he doesnt have that split second intuition to keep a flowing attack alive or decides it. He will play slowly with 2/3 touches because that suits him. His out of the box solutions are too limited for the world class matches. Against Bayern you have to do everything on the moment that is asked for it. 1 second too slow/late means everybody is positioned again or they will take the ball from you. He?s also too stiff to do something special when the ball comes surprisingly. In control he can be good but at clubs like Barca you get more difficult balls. Its your quality to make the best out of it. Not just basic stuff. Busquets will feint/trick you with all sorts of passes played to him. High, low, it doesnt matter. Not only when it comes smoothly.

Will he be able to learn that? Im not sure. Thats a talent and will never be 100 when learning it

Nazario1985

frenkie just needs a guy who is also worldclass and can play next to him....since he came here we didnt give him that service. Pedri is good but too young atm.

That's the opposite of being WC, when you are WC you need jackshit to prove it.

He is not even 50% of an aged Busi, he has nothing to offer except some cardio.

A German team will make the most of him.

olivis

Anyone still think he can be a De Bruyne/Kimmich level midfielder?

I was one of his defenders but man what a weak noodle this guy is

FinBarcelonafan

He doesn't have the vision for it or the finishing ability. He is what he is.

And if Xavi can't turn him into a monster midfielder , I am not sure anyone can.

Devils

HOW?.....HOW?

What are his world class attributes/skills/techniques? He absolutely has none.

This guy isn't good at anything. He's not a good passer, dribbler, shooter, tackler or runner...there isn't a single world class attribute in this guys entire arsenal.

Seeing people parade around him being world class is in the same vein as people on here claiming that Ter-Stegen being among the best GKs in the world 3-4 years ago. I was laughing then as I am now.

There's one certain thing the likes of FDJ and Ter-Stegen are world class at: Being serial losers.

FinBarcelonafan

I would like meaner version of him. Someone who could make tackles, win headers and defend etc.

We need someone similar to De Paul's profile. The guy can do it all. Fight for the ball, tackle, make a pass, score and have warrior mentality.

DeJong is too nice.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

DeJong is too nice.

Half of our team could apply for Vienna choir boys once they finish Barca's career.
Similar haircuts, no beards, no tattoos, never cursing, never fighting, being nice to everyone.

ws02.jpg

Imagine seeing fights, red cards and bullying from our current players.
Impossible:
https://youtu.be/BwQ4KrhNmvw

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I would be against bad tattoos like Messis one leg.

Isn't tattoo bad in terms of stamina? It reduces your stamina because your skin doesn't breath as well or is it a myth?

Nazario1985

Some people need to understand FDJ is NOT a player who will port a whole team those players are very very rare and in our recent history it was only Messi & Dinho and to some extent Iniesta that did it, not even Xavi functioned in a bad team before the arrival of these players.

BUT even in a well oiled Barcelona team/midfield what can FDJ bring to the table is the question I can't solve.

I can really see him easily fit a Chelsea squad rather than a FCB one.

Home of Barca Fans