21 - Frenkie de Jong

Messi983

image-asset.jpeg

Raketa10

FDJ is DEFINITELY not our main problem. From the moment he arrived he was utilized wrongly and he basically lost 2 years of his career by trying to play the role he can't. He played wonderful football for Ajax but he was there played far away from the opponents goal. In contrast, our managers tried to convert him to Rakitic 2.0. They demand from him to play more forward role which he simply can't. He will never be able to play like that and if we bought him to do that than we are the biggest idiots EVER! We did exactly the same thing to Coutinho and Griezmann and look how pathetic they are right now.

To be perfectly clear, I am not saying they would excel if they wee utilized correctly, they have their own share of blame in their disastrous displays. However, no one sane buys a second striker to play as a winger or No.9. No one sane goes and buys Coutinho in order to replace Iniesta and no one sane should expect from FDJ to play superb in the final third. If we want to be fair we should honestly say that all those 3 players were used horribly wrong during their entire time here.

EDIT: I am wiling to bet that Depay will also end up as a flop. He simply can't play no.9 for this team and he is too slow for a winger. We again bought a player who doesn't have a clear position in this team just because he was a free agent. In addition to that we should definitely stop using Gavi as a winger. He can't play there and he shouldn't play there. No one benefits from playing players out of their natural position. It's bad for them and for the club in general.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ter Stegen has become an insecure and unreliable goalkeeper, and De Jong is currently an irrelevant midfielder. They don't deserve to start. [sport]

vuji_31

I agree with BBZ.

We have so much pussyies in dressing rooom like not any club in the world.

Ultimate chockers,slow and bad.

Nothing new, we predicted it here in 2018.

Kul_z

Id give him run of games in dm. Not one game, but give him consistency of at least couple of months and lets see if he can be a leader of middlefield or sell him in summer. Im tired of busquets masterclasses against any decent opponent.

De jong
Nico gavi coutinho
Dembele Depay

Thats the lineup i would start right from this weekend.

If he doesnt work out, plan to sell in summer and go for brozovic and negotiate from january but in fucking silence. Brozovic is a maniac workhorse with a great interception skills, and shooting boots. Left and right scoring screamers pretty frequently for a dm. I cant remember a last game where he wasnt in the first place for distance covered.

I hope de jong somehow works out tho

MTL_Barca

I still like him and he's also our only somewhat experienced player that can have a future here, but we finally need to get him into an important role.

We still have Busi playing like he always did and then throw whatever CMs we have next to him hoping it works, but we know it clearly doesn't. By the end of the season Xavi has to figure out how his midfield setup is supposed to look like and what roles he can give to Gavi, Pedri, Nico and Frenkie because they are the best prospect besides Fati we have at the moment.

Then pray we can sign a new strong midfielder that can complement what we got, "34 year old Busi + any 2 random CMs" isn't a feasible solution for the future.

jairzinho

Didn't he play well as a libero last season when we went on that unbeaten run? Maybe try him there for a while and see, if it doesn't work out then sell. Also he doesn't have the qualities to play as a b2b.

Raketa10

Id give him run of games in dm. Not one game, but give him consistency of at least couple of months and lets see if he can be a leader of middlefield or sell him in summer. Im tired of busquets masterclasses against any decent opponent.

De jong
Nico gavi coutinho
Dembele Depay

Thats the lineup i would start right from this weekend.

If he doesnt work out, plan to sell in summer and go for brozovic and negotiate from january but in fucking silence. Brozovic is a maniac workhorse with a great interception skills, and shooting boots. Left and right scoring screamers pretty frequently for a dm. I cant remember a last game where he wasnt in the first place for distance covered.

I hope de jong somehow works out tho

I agree, and when Fati and Pedri return I would actually go with

De Jong (Nico)
Gavi Pedri
Dembele Fati Depay

Give De Jong 6 months in that position and if that doesn't work out just sell him in summer and keep playing Nico as DM. Regarding Brozovic, he is a workhorse BUT on a bad day he becomes a liability. Unfortunately, he has a very questionable IQ. He could contribute a lot but he could also become a big problem. IMHO Brozovic is a 50/50 gamble.

Last edited:

Rory

Xavi: Nah let's keep busquets as lone dm despite us being knocked out of ucl and not in european positions in la liga.

Wouldn't hold your breath on De Jong being given a chance at dm. Absolutely should try it. Gavi next to him in the Schone Ajax role to cover for his ventures forward might be something worth looking at. Pedri ahead of them in the VDB role at Ajax. Maybe we should have just gone all out for Ten Haag ffs

Kul_z

I agree, and when Fati and Pedri return I would actually go with

De Jong (Nico)
Gavi Pedri
Dembele Fati Depay

Give De Jong 6 months in that position and if that doesn't work out just sell him in summer and play Nico as DM.

More or less same. Exclusion is depay, id rather play with gavi /pedri on that position when hopefully all the players would be available. I was fucking furious when he was walking towards the corner kick at 3:0, he's a lion my ass. Even if we lost 5-0 you need to hope to score a goal. Be excited about that, try, hurry up.

Home of Barca Fans