21 - Frenkie de Jong

FinBarcelonafan

I agree with BBZ.

We have so much pussyies in dressing rooom like not any club in the world.

Ultimate chockers,slow and bad.

Nothing new, we predicted it here in 2018.

This. Old players are done or have PTSD from previous failings. Move on..

And in general they lack quickness/speed to modern game.

vuji_31

It is time to say goodbye.

City,Bayern,Chelsea and Liverpool could be really intersted in cashing himfor abput 90mil no cap.

Best for both ways.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyone new > Busqets.

Please change something, 6 years of humilation and he still starts every game.

I don't know if Frenkie can work as a CDM here or not, but he's never really gotten a run of games to prove he cannot. Worst case scenario he proves he doesn't have it in him, but I'm just tired of seeing Busquets jog back all the time in transition and let players walk past him.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't know if Frenkie can work as a CDM here or not, but he's never really gotten a run of games to prove he cannot. Worst case scenario he proves he doesn't have it in him, but I'm just tired of seeing Busquets jog back all the time in transition and let players walk past him.

And Busi trying to press etc. He just leaves gaps all over the pitch by being too slow. Defending, pressing.. it's awful to look at.

FinBarcelonafan

I hate this. Frenkie needs to be way more aggressive in these types of situations. Just run to the net.. It will cause way more danger than stopping and passing it back. Makes me furious. You can still cause a yellow/red card for the opponent or penalty if you just run to the net and they make a bad touch.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1468911857549430790

He took way too much time on the ball to get the perfect touch and then backpass and the opportunity is already over.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

As some might know, I never was on this hype train. Neither when he was at Ajax nor when Barca signed him. De Ligt, the same.

FDJ is a good player, there is no doubt about it. He is not a flop, but not really a success either.

In his defence and my criticism to Xavi: FDJ is physically in a desolate state currently. From the start he looked like he had just completed a marathon before the game. He was already flat before the game started. FDJ has had adductor problems for weeks and, according to Xavi, could hardly train and that was evident yesterday. I'm assuming that the coaching team knew how things were going. Can't start a groggy player like him in game like this. 50% is not enough. Not in La Liga and definitely not against Bayern. There is no excuse for Xavi as he had an alternative in Nico.

Same accounts to his decision with Alba. How many important games did he start lately with not being at 100%, just to make his injury worse? Our chances to beat Bayern were 10% at best and starting Alba over Balde doesn't make much difference in percentage. Being fit to start a game should be minimum requirement to field a player, even more so in an important game like this. I'd rather have unproven Balde and Nico at 100% than experienced players who aren't fit at all.

ronniecro

he declined so much here that 80m would feel like a jackpot. he reminds me of pogba in juve and in united. he was shining with pirlo next to him,who was the midfield boss and once he went to united to become that he started to struggle.

i said 2 weeks ago busi should be benched for de jong...
the guy with the ball still on of the best in the world, at circulating the ball best ever probably...but the game has changed and without the ball the teams suffers cause of busquets

Jadentheman

It would be a crime to see him at Chelsea because I know not only will he start there but probably improve the team to win the league and yet another CL

Home of Barca Fans