22 - İlkay Gündoğan

Maradona37

Big clubs don't do this, even if they sometimes should maybe. It's unnatural for them just like it is unnatural for Barcelona to accept Madrid dominating Europe. It's more a matter of pride. The truly big clubs have huge pride and ego. And they react aggressively if that is dented.
I know you're right. I am just saying it's irrational sometimes and sometimes they end up worse off. As Bayern are proving. It works better for RM generally.

Maradona37

Smaller clubs, sure, they could put themselves under the service of a talented manager for many years even if initially the results are not very good.
I don't think it would take many years for Nagelsmann to sort Bayern out. It's likely the Villarreal debacle was a complete outlier and they had an itchy trigger finger.

If it was gonna take him 4-5 years then I'd agree with you.

serghei

I know you're right. I am just saying it's irrational sometimes and sometimes they end up worse off. As Bayern are proving. It works better for RM generally.

It depends.

Some may say being uncompromising is best in the long run.

You can not be ruthless just sometimes. It is a key trait that usually manifests constantly. Some qualities and flaws are just too strong to resist.

Plus, nobody stops Bayern to bring back Naggelsmann in his superior future version.

serghei

I don't think it would take many years for Nagelsmann to sort Bayern out. It's likely the Villarreal debacle was a complete outlier and they had an itchy trigger finger.

If it was gonna take him 4-5 years then I'd agree with you.

Even 2 years for a club having a top 3 squad is a huge amount of time. This is Bayern, not Arsenal, or other EPL team that wins a big title once every 10 years and they are happy with it.

Home of Barca Fans