23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

He has not been better than Christensen when played CB on the rare occassion though and clearly not close to being as good on ball which is needed when other CB is Araujo.

mc_lovin

Again, I am pretty damn happy with Christensen, but lets not pretend he has been in direct competition with Kounde.

If by some miracle we fix RB next season we will get a clearer picture. I imagine Kounde, Araujo and Christensen would evenly split game time.

JamDav1982

Again, I am pretty damn happy with Christensen, but lets not pretend he has been in direct competition with Kounde.

If by some miracle we fix RB next season we will get a clearer picture. I imagine Kounde, Araujo and Christensen would evenly split game time.

The issue with having those three at CB is all three could be sold when other areas are so weak.

That would be whole reason to sell one of them for example if could get Ndicka for free.

If money was no object and squad balanced then fine but in reality CB is not a position many teams choose to mix up players that much nor probably even be able to play enough to keep all happy long term.

If the choice was say.. sell Kounde to get a DM in.. for arguments sake sake say Zumbimendi then it becomes a squad decision.

Araujo wont be sold and then it becomes Kounde or Christ and for me Christ on ball is needed with Araujo for a team like Barca if both are top defensively.

mc_lovin

The issue with having those three at CB is all three could be sold when other areas are so weak.

Like RB? We can't sell Kounde - even hypothetically.

If money and squad composition is the issue then Frenkie should be first (not that I would advocate this).

JamDav1982

Like RB? We can't sell Kounde - even hypothetically.

If money and squad composition is the issue then Frenkie should be first (not that I would advocate this).

Why cant Barca sell Kounde?

Would be ridiculous to sell FDJ ahead of Kounde.

There is no one better in his role or close and he is one if first names on team sheet for any decent coach with Pedri.

Kounde is arguably not even a starting 11 player if had a RB.

jamrock

Kounde is a decent player, the awkward thing is we got a better player for free who forces him into a position he doesn?t do too well in. All top teams need quality depth though as rotations, injuries and suspensions happen.

Christensen didn't force him to RB.

mc_lovin

Why cant Barca sell Kounde?

Would be ridiculous to sell FDJ ahead of Kounde.

There is no one better in his role or close and he is one if first names on team sheet for any decent coach with Pedri.

Kounde is arguably not even a starting 11 player if had a RB.

But we don't have a RB. And depth at CB killed us this season in CL (can be fixed by signing a RB).

The step down from Frenkie to Gavi/Kessie is smaller than the one from Kounde to Roberto (well, you could make the same case for Frenkie that I make for Kounde with Gavi at LW to be fair).

JamDav1982

But we don't have a RB. And depth at CB killed us this season in CL (can be fixed by signing a RB).

The step down from Frenkie to Gavi/Kessie is smaller than the one from Kounde to Roberto (well, you could make the same case for Frenkie that I make for Kounde with Gavi at LW to be fair).

Ok then flip the argument if could sell one of Kounde/Christensen for a RB and maybe other areas on top.

The step down from FDJ to Gavi/Kessie is huge and FDJ is one of best players in team and an area Barca already need to strengthen.

The drop from FDJ to Gavi/Kessie is every bit as big as Kounde to Roberto.

If the scenario is Barca can improve other areas such as RB and DM with sales then they need to consider money in for Kounde/Christ if can get back ups like Ndicka for free.

FDJ should be about one of last players they sell to improve squad.

Last edited:

JohnN

Kounde had a good spell, were he looked like the real deal. Since then, he is getting worse. Apart from the physical aspect, some of his decisions are plain weird. In the long run, not good enough for RB.

vuji_31

We need top 3 CB's, they are all injury prone, let's hope they will not get injured all at once.

I would sell Kounde miles before Frenkie, Kounde is good, but we can get decent subs for free like N'Dicka or someone else.

But CDM/CM with Frenkie qualities, your are paying big money for it.

If we need to sell, Kessie, Ferran, Kounde, Ansu ard first on list.

If we need more, I would at Rapinha, but I would keep him because Dembele is injury prone.

Next to sell would be Gavi.

Araujo and Pedri never for sale.

vuji_31

Kounde had a good spell, were he looked like the real deal. Since then, he is getting worse. Apart from the physical aspect, some of his decisions are plain weird. In the long run, not good enough for RB.

He is not here to play RB, he plays here because we couldn't buy anyone.

JohnN

We need top 3 CB's, they are all injury prone, let's hope they will not get injured all at once.

I would sell Kounde miles before Frenkie, Kounde is good, but we can get decent subs for free like N'Dicka or someone else.

But CDM/CM with Frenkie qualities, your are paying big money for it.

If we need to sell, Kessie, Ferran, Kounde, Ansu ard first on list.

If we need more, I would at Rapinha, but I would keep him because Dembele is injury prone.

Next to sell would be Gavi.

Araujo and Pedri never for sale.

I wouldn't sell Gavi.
For me Kessie, Ferran and Fati should be sold asap. It is sacrilegious for players of such low quality to play for us.
If we do find a decent RB, perhaps we can think of Kounde's sale.

JamDav1982

I wouldn't sell Gavi.
For me Kessie, Ferran and Fati should be sold asap. It is sacrilegious for players of such low quality to play for us.
If we do find a decent RB, perhaps we can think of Kounde's sale.

They wont sell Gavi. Zero chance but in a three man midfield Gavi currently wouldn be in it.

He needs to be given time to develop as he seems to have stagnated a bit.

Home of Barca Fans