23 - Jules Kounde

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some bad reactions tonight and I get to my initial point that his concentration is weak.
Glad Araujo is back.

Porque

Bamba is a pretty fast player so would catch most defenders on their heels with a ball over the top and space to run onto.

Saying that Kounde speed is about 30km/h flat so pretty slow by today's standards.

BusiTheKing

He's not the quickest in general but the situation I'm referring to was a warm up issue. Guy looked like his hamstrings were about to give out trying to hit the gas.

JamDav1982

He isnt the quickest and his passing puts team in trouble at least once a game.. that situation was caused by his poor pass.

Kounde dosnt look any quicker than Christensen.

Needs to get better on ball.

As bad as Inigo was on ball yesterday he and Christensen are the best two CBs Barca have on the ball by a fair bit.

The defensive lines are horrendous for Barca and feels like Xavi is over egging how much he wants players to have different roles on and off the ball. The likes of Pep at City have it much more simplified and defend in a 442.

Porque

Iirc Christensen is deceptively fast as per the CL data last season.

Main problem with Kounde speed is that like Pedri it is flat. Little/no difference between his top speed and acceleration.

By comparison Gavi is incredibly slow, but quick over the first 5m that you don't really notice it in the short space.

jamrock

Kounde & Aruajo was the original plan last summer, but Christensen has been great.

But I can't wait to see the Kounde Aruajo partnership build some chemistry

JamDav1982

Cleared some balls but not much defending to do for either CB in end. Christensen was decent on ball.

Kounde/Araujo will lack a lot on ball and one will have to be LCB.

Not sure be as smooth as some think.

Home of Barca Fans