23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

Just keep him at RB and maybe sell him in the summer if a decent bid comes in.

Guy is not a top tier CB .

Even allowing for his cross for the goal Cancelo was much better at RB when put there.

Against good wingers Araujo best RB and against shite it is Cancelo.

Kounde must have made 2/3 howlers on ball today and his 1v1 defending was woeful.

Positionally it just feels like he is constantly scrambling to make last ditch challenges all the time.

Sailor Mars

Eric Garcia type game.
Still a solid signing, held down the fort at the RB position last year.

But I suppose Barca could, maybe get better value at the CB position.

Neeraj

Selling him for a decent amount would be the right move, which is how I know we won't do it.

I'm so sick of this guy's fuck ups. Has to be moved out of rb position when there's a pacy or dangerous winger.. Has to be moved out of cb position when there's a dangerous or pacy striker.. Are you kidding me? Taking the first decent bid for him.

Porque

I think he is decent, not worth the money spent considering transfer fee and wage.

So we have two angles, the first is that he is almost at his prime so has room to improve a bit still.

The other that he lacks concentration and if his motivation drops then he could have a steep drop off. He reminds me of Lenglet actually in his play style, but thats a topic for another day.

Lastly, Barcelona centreback has signed Christensen for a free last year and Inigo for a free this year. Both are/have done well. So being a defender in Xavi system has not been some miracle to find players to adapt to.

So when opportunities to make money come, be it for Kounde, Christy or Inigo then we should take them without question. For those who watch the B, there are 3 very good projects going on there with one who could step into the first right now probably.

Messi983

So when opportunities to make money come, be it for Kounde, Christy or Inigo then we should take them without question. For those who watch the B, there are 3 very good projects going on there with one who could step into the first right now probably.

Who would you think Xavi would choose between them if needed?

fergus90

Wasn’t that excited about his signing in general but I’d only seen him a dozen or so times so couldn’t really make an honest assessment.

What has struck me though is just how average he is on the ball. One of the main attributes before his arrival was his supposed brilliance playing out but that just isn’t the case.

Porque

Who would you think Xavi would choose between them if needed?

Marcos Alonso.

But his fav. For sure.

Cubarsi_foto-R4HiFocNBGeOmBa8pXJqIAN-1200x648@Relevo.jpg

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

His physique on paper looks great. Guy looks like he's in amazing shape and both upper body and legs are developed, no obvious imbalance issues etc.

Yet, his physical output is so poor, he's so slow and weak. I wonder what the problem is.

Home of Barca Fans