23 - Jules Kounde

Andresito

Staff member
Think club would also sell Christensen before Kounde for a pure profit. Kounde would also be more reluctant to leave had a bid of say 60m came in, which is due to Xavi's reluctancy of benching him other than when he's rested. Don't remember Kounde missing a single big game during the last year.

I say we need to look at big money sales for Kounde, Lewy and Raphinha. Around 150m right there if SA can help us (both through domestic teams and Newcastle). Then Morata on a free, a DM like Zubi and a RB like Cancelo. Still have some money left.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Think club would also sell Christensen before Kounde for a pure profit. Kounde would also be more reluctant to leave had a bid of say 60m came in, which is due to Xavi's reluctancy of benching him other than when he's rested. Don't remember Kounde missing a single big game during the last year.

I say we need to look at big money sales for Kounde, Lewy and Raphinha. Around 150m right there if SA can help us (both through domestic teams and Newcastle). Then Morata on a free, a DM like Zubi and a RB like Cancelo. Still have some money left.
But for some reason, as soon as players joins us they are VERY reluctant to leave and they drop like 50% in value. But I'd gladly try to sell those players and also try to offload Tuna and kick Oriol out as far as possible from Barca - Raphinha and Kounde could bring in around 100M, but Lewa and Tuna will be a headache to push out since nobody in their right mind would want them...

Andresito

Staff member
But for some reason, as soon as players joins us they are VERY reluctant to leave and they drop like 50% in value. But I'd gladly try to sell those players and also try to offload Tuna and kick Oriol out as far as possible from Barca - Raphinha and Kounde could bring in around 100M, but Lewa and Tuna will be a headache to push out since nobody in their right mind would want them...
Well it goes both ways, sometimes players join because Barcelona is all they want and they are willing to wait patiently and/or receive a bit lower payment. But at the same time it can be a real pain in the arse to get rid of some players.

Porque

Wonder who realistically will be interested in Kounde, for the price we are looking for and wage that needs to be atleast matched.

Christensen is a much easier sale to broker.

I don't think it's coincidence that he has lost his position.

Andresito

Staff member
Wonder who realistically will be interested in Kounde, for the price we are looking for and wage that needs to be atleast matched.

Christensen is a much easier sale to broker.

I don't think it's coincidence that he has lost his position.
Well he is from Paris, not that they need CB currently.
Bayern might need some defenders, they haven't been shy with the French before, but don't think they'd pay enough.

Other than that PL obviously. Silva replacement at Chelsea? United are in desperate need of a CB but have likes of Todibo on their list instead.

JamDav1982

There would be little difference in selling Kounde for 60m and Christensen for 40m+.

Rory

His passing lately has been like watching Maguire. He's going to gift opposition in ucl knockouts the chance that kicks us out

Porque

Well he is from Paris, not that they need CB currently.
Bayern might need some defenders, they haven't been shy with the French before, but don't think they'd pay enough.

Other than that PL obviously. Silva replacement at Chelsea? United are in desperate need of a CB but have likes of Todibo on their list instead.

I think the issue is that for Barca he just hasn't been imposing enough defensively. While his passing game hasn't been consistent or expansive enough.

So bar a massive improvement English sides will possibly look elsewhere. And even at Barca, at both sides of the scale there is Araujo and Christensen.

I get we are entering the territory that Kounde is going to get underrated here, but also we are entering the territory that he might just not be an elite CB worth 60m to buy + 13.5m+ gross.

Makes it a challenging sell.

Nello

His passing lately has been like watching Maguire. He's going to gift opposition in ucl knockouts the chance that kicks us out
Feel the same. He's been directly involved in most of the early goals we've conceded. Can't see us go far in the CL knockouts (not that we're good enough generally either) with him at CB. Quality opposition will punish his mistakes.

Porque

But wouldn't Christensens wages be considerably high as well considering he was a free transfer?

According to Jammy's favourite source, the verified wages of our CBs are as follows.

Kounde - 13.55m (4 years remaining)
Inigo - 9.38m (2 years remaining)
Christensen - 9m ( 3 years remaining)
Araujo - 7m (3 years remaining)

TheStig

This list should be the other way around. Araujo with the highest salary...

We really should apriciate Araujo more. He probably gets in any team in the world but he loves Barca and wants to stay here. In return Barca pays him the least, doesn't give him captain armband even though they should and plays him out of position because a lot worse CB/fashion model is crying that he doesn't like to play there while a profesional like Ronald does it without any fuss. He would probably also be our best CF in we played him there. The biggest goal threat bar Felix in the team today.

Porque

This list should be the other way around. Araujo with the highest salary...

We really should apriciate Araujo more. He probably gets in any team in the world but he loves Barca and wants to stay here. In return Barca pays him the least, doesn't give him captain armband even though they should and plays him out of position because a lot worse CB/fashion model is crying that he doesn't like to play there while a profesional like Ronald does it without any fuss. He would probably also be our best CF in we played him there. The biggest goal threat bar Felix in the team today.

Yeah, but beginning of last season he had injury issues so we hadn't really seen him have an extensive season at CB to the level he showed last year. I'd expect him to be bumped to Inigo/Christensen territory come renewal.

Kounde we probably stretched the budget as Xavi was getting itchy bum for his signing and we were going head to head for his signature with Chelsea, and ended up overpaying.

Look what happened with Lenglet going head to head with Man Utd, or even Frenkie with the PSG interest.

It is what it is.

Windhook

Bayern are sniffing around Araujo and I wouldn't rule out anything in the near future.

Inigo with 9m salary is criminal case, half his wage... well, maybe, maybe, maybe.

Home of Barca Fans