23 - Jules Kounde

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mentioned more and more in media. I'm not fully convinced of him though. Would rather get Koulibaly for a third of the mentioned price.

Kound? prefers a move to Bar?a over a move to England, and 60 million euros should be enough to do the trick. [md]
Barcelona may be able to pull off the signing of Jules Kound? if they manage to get rid of Lenglet, Mingueza and Umtiti, as well as lowering the salary of Piqu?. [md]

De Laurentiis is probably going to hold on for at least 35-40m though.

serghei

Kounde has done well enough overall to he worth signing at 60m if the club are in normal finances. Thats standard starting price for a top tier CB right now and Kounde is tier 1.5.

I don't think his last season was particularly impressive however.

Yeah, a pretty fair price for him.

I'd rather Kounde than Koulibaly, De Ligt, or Laporte.

serghei

I don't believe for a second that we have the money or salary cap room to buy him.

Maybe De Jong is already gone in the mind of the club and it's just about reaching the right price with United. Who knows?

I'd sell De Jong for Kounde + Raphinha.

DonAK

I don't believe for a second that we have the money or salary cap room to buy him.

They'll have both money and salary cap room depending on the deals they make once the assembly approves the BLM & TV Rights sales tomorrow.

I think Kounde goes to Chelsea though.

serghei

They'll have both money and salary cap room depending on the deals they make once the assembly approves the BLM & TV Rights sales tomorrow.

But the idea is not to sell TV rights. Get done as much as possible without TV rights sale. If we sell TV rights that's a bad move for the future and with the team Madrid have it doesn't guarantee you anything short term.

DonAK

But the idea is not to sell TV rights. Get done as much as possible without TV rights sale. If we sell TV rights that's a bad move for the future.

Yeah, but it depends on what they have in place. It sounds like they'll want to avoid selling TV rights.

In any case I cannot foresee a future this club have with its current ownership model. Sooner or later it will be opened up for investors simply because an idiot like Bartomeu will probably be elected in the future and wreak havoc again.

serghei

Yeah, but it depends on what they have in place. It sounds like they'll want to avoid selling TV rights.

In any case I cannot foresee a future this club have with its current ownership model. Sooner or later it will be opened up for investors simply because an idiot like Bartomeu will probably be elected in the future and wreak havoc again.

That's good news.

For me, even registering Christensen, Kessie + extending Gavi, it's not that bad. We can compete. Hopefully Ansu will be fit and ready to fire and Ferran will get his shit together.

The problem is fecking Madrid. These days I wish we were in a one-team league...

DonAK

That's good news.

For me, even registering Christensen, Kessie + extending Gavi, it's not that bad. We can compete.

For Copa del Rey maybe. We might even be able to compete for La Liga if Xavi doesn't hold us back because his current tactics are garbage.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I think Kounde goes to Chelsea though.

We will see. Yeah, I think he will go to Chelsea in the end. Just some Catalan media noise right now.

What I don't want us to do is to repeat the mistakes of the 222m check we got after Neymar went to PSG, going on a buying spree, further ballooning both our wage bill and amortizations.

serghei

Even if he goes to Chelsea, Christensen is a good addition in defense. I'm more worried about the attack to be fair. There, impact costs a lot. Christensen and Araujo have solid potential. Not wow or anything, but solid, dependable pair.

Right now, we are losing Dembele and a solid plan B option like Luuk. We're on the minus compared to last season.

DonAK

I see Christensen just as I saw Lenglet when signed and before he started doing dumb shit every game. A good third option at best. Should be way less error prone than Lenglet though.

Still same problem. Need a starter alongside Araujo.

serghei

I see Christensen just as I saw Lenglet when signed and before he started doing dumb shit every game. A good third option at best. Should be way less error prone than Lenglet though.

Still same problem. Need a starter alongside Araujo.

Less error prone, better in set pieces, better physicality, probably just better all around. Faster too I reckon.

Right now, dream scenario would be Christensen + Kessie + Kounde + Lewa + keep De Jong + sign Raphinha. :lol: But Christmas doesn't come in July or August.

Home of Barca Fans