23 - Jules Kounde

gregorrin10

Depay is supposedly being linked with a move back to ManU according to some sources ( Wilfred Zaha also linked !)

In the end selling them Depay after trolling them about Frenkie all summer would be just glorious. :lol: They could finally get a Dutch player, willing to join them! :lol:

Zidane82

Xavi to Kounde: "I will make you the best ball playing centre back in the world. And with you, we will become the best team in the world."

@gerardromero

gregorrin10

Great summer. If we can get a RB or LB too it would be amazing but we did great as it is.

Seems Azpi is really close, and also for a really modest fee, reports just came in just hours ago. Gonna be quite surprised if it happens (even more so for a good price), since there was a lot of talk of Chelsea playing hardball after they lost Kounde, and us possibly even suspending the RB chase anyway, since both Araujo and Kounde can play there, but I'll be very glad if it happens. Azpi (for under 5M and on moderate wages) and on a 2 year deal can be a very good influence on the dressing room (leadership wise) and on Dest (teacher wise).

Plus I'd really like to see Araujo and Kounde play mainly CB, seems like such a waste to put either one of them on the right. Maybe only when both of them and Christensen all play, but that shouldn't be all the time. If both Kounde and Azpi both come, we have insane depth at RB and CB. All that remains then is the LB. Hopefully Chelsea finally draw the line at us humiliating them this summer at Alonso and block any approaches, so we're forced to go out and get a better alternative. :lol:

Zidane82

Seems Azpi is really close, and also for a really modest fee, reports just came in just hours ago. Gonna be quite surprised if it happens (even more so for a good price), since there was a lot of talk of Chelsea playing hardball after they lost Kounde, and us possibly even suspending the RB chase anyway, since both Araujo and Kounde can play there, but I'll be very glad if it happens. Azpi (for under 5M and on moderate wages) and on a 2 year deal can be a very good influence on the dressing room (leadership wise) and on Dest (teacher wise).

Plus I'd really like to see Araujo and Kounde play mainly CB, seems like such a waste to put either one of them on the right. Maybe only when both of them and Christensen all play, but that shouldn't be all the time. If both Kounde and Azpi both come, we have insane depth at RB and CB. All that remains then is the LB. Hopefully Chelsea finally draw the line at us humiliating them this summer at Alonso and block any approaches, so we're forced to go out and get a better alternative. :lol:
I would play Aroujo and Kounde at CB then if we are desperate play Garcia at RB .. why not ?

jamrock

Chelsea will do is no favors with apzi, just based off what tuchel said comparing him to koulibly and what they paid for him.

If we end our business with Kounde it's a great summer, next summer we focus on FBs & a busquets replacement

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Xavi plays with a four man backline I'm pretty sure we'll see games this season with Araujo at RB and Kounde and Christensen as CBs.

Nello

If everybody stays healthy Pique shouldnt get much playing time. I think Christensen will suprise many users here and be the 2nd or 3rd choice after Kounde.

Joan

If everybody stays healthy Pique shouldnt get much playing time. I think Christensen will suprise many users here and be the 2nd or 3rd choice after Kounde.

Ahead of Araujo? I doubt it. But we'll see plenty of combinations with Araujo, Kounde, and Azpi on the right.

xXKonan

Xavi believes he can at least get another year out of Alba and Busi as starters.(Whether that's the right choice is up for debate).

But at CB it's a whole different story, there's a good reason he asked for Christensen and Kounde to go a long with Araujo and Garcia. Probably saw the writing on the wall when he came, even if you ignore Pique's antics off the pitch, Fitness wise the guy is pretty much fucked with rumors that his muscle issues are chronic, and considering he's 35 years old Xavi decided it's time to move on and fast.

Even if Pique is better than Garica, he'll have a tough fight against the other three, Christensen could fill the Pique role and Araujo and Kounde are the fast and Athletic CBs that we really needed.

Home of Barca Fans