23 - Jules Kounde

wisconsincule

If Xavi plays with a four man backline I'm pretty sure we'll see games this season with Araujo at RB and Kounde and Christensen as CBs.

I think it might be Kounde at RB and Araujo at CB? either way I dig it as it gives us better defensive stability?. Should have plenty of fire power up front with our insane attacking depth.

Messi983

I think it might be Kounde at RB and Araujo at CB? either way I dig it as it gives us better defensive stability?. Should have plenty of fire power up front with our insane attacking depth.

I think between the two Araujo is more likely to play RB because technical wise he's our worst CB. In Kounde and Christensen/Garcia/even Pique we have two ball playing CBs that help in the build up.

But in the end it's all about the opponents and matchups imo. Given how good Araujo has handled Vini as a RB in last two Clasicos I think it's very likely when we'll play RM next he'll again play there even if we get Azpi or another RB. And probably the same in CL against teams that have great LWs.

With depth at CB we have now a 3-4-3- is also a possibility in some games. Although for that I don't think we have a left footed CB who would fit ideally as a wide LCB. Garcia probably the best suited for that role but until proven otherwise not sure he should be a starter. Maybe Christensen could adapt playing there as well although I primarily see him in the middle. Didn't watch Chelsea much, how did their 3-man defense line up? Or of course Kounde could be used there as well. He's technically well gifted and if in 4-3-3 paired with Araujo I'm sure he'll be the one to play on the left side as could adapt easier.

In a 3-4-3 I see it like this for now (from left to right)

Kounde/Garcia - Christensen/Pique/FDJ??? - Araujo/Azpi (if signed)

Maybe I'm giving this too much attention and side preference is not that important but I'm sure it will take at least some time for players not used to play on the left to adapt. In the end I think Araujo will be the one who will stay at right, either as RB/CB in a 4-3-3 or a wide RCB in 3-4-3 while other technically better CBs will be moved around.

Raketa10

It's almost impossible for the Jules Kounde operation to be completed today, but Barca are working to seal the signing as soon as possible. [@MatteMoretto]

Oh for fuck's sake it looks like this won't be official today. :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

No way Kounde is coming here to play RB

I think he will see some game time as RCB/RB hybrid we use Araujo there.
Ultimately I think Dest will still get 20 or so games, Azpilicueta will get plenty of games as RB if he comes, and both Araujo and Kounde will share the remaining

Birdy

FYmX69SXgAAeSwT

Joan

Key word CB.

He will be starting CB for sure.

He is not coming to play as RB, he will want to be RB.

He might play as RB when needed occasionally but I expect to see Araujo there more often than Kounde. And then we’ll have Dest and Azpi if the latter comes. Roberto might get some games too.

Home of Barca Fans