24 - Eric García

Sailor Mars

Garcia had a nice game against the minnows of La Liga but he doesn't have what it takes to play in big games. European games are a different beast.

ajnotkeith

He is awful man. Has been hugging Benfica players all game as he can't stop them without fouling. There is a reason Pep didn't give him a look at City despite loving him and it isnt because he didn't want to renew.

Other than against Liga minnows has looked awful and a liability with 0 composure, constantly being caught out on counter attacks and fouling.

Devils

Small - Check
Weak- Check
Slow- Check
Can't defend- Check
Can't run- Check
Can't tackle- Check

But some Barcaforum members want to tell me he should play because he can make 10-20 yard passes.

ajnotkeith

He (garcia)is another 'low-tempo' player, and god, we have enough of those types of players already

Our team is being filled with guys who can dominate tempo if the opponent lets them but crumble when pressed high and when the opponent puts pressure on them. Right now, if we were to compare our defense with the best strikers around the world, is a guy like Garcia going to mark Haaland, Lukaku, Lewandowski, Kane, or Vardy as said above? He's small and slow rn and it's not a good combination for a CB, he needs to at least put some muscle so he can deal with heavy strikers.

As I and many others previously said before being 5'10 and thin as a rake is already a mountain to climb to ever be a top-level CB but not only that, it looks like he can't actually defend either. Terrible composure, can't tackle, can't mark and his best try at defending is pulling shirts or hugging players to try and win duels.

He is literally a midfielder. I don't know why our coaches put him at CB in the youth system.

DAMNit

My younger brother supports City.
He said they all had a good laugh at Barca in the Blue moon forum, when Barca signed this walking disaster of a player.

Home of Barca Fans