24 - Eric García

Richard.H

Yes, he could be ok i defensive team, but we still use high line, he is dreadful for that...but my main problem and question is: we all knew that? What did our scouts saw?

It's very clear since 19/20 the club has absolutely no plan or logic. I am willing to bet a large sum of money that a big reason why we signed him is because he's Catalan and played under Pep.

serghei

Yes, he could be ok i defensive team, but we still use high line, he is dreadful for that...but my main problem and question is: we all knew that? What did our scouts saw?

They saw a free player with some qualities (even if those are doubled by some humongous flaws). Free players are often like finding money on the streets. You can find a tenner, or a 20 dollar bill, but almost never a briefcase filled with cash.

feggydinho

At this rate in which he has played 8 official games and has gotten 2 red cards, we should really sell him in January and bring in Comas from the B team as a replacement. He surely can't be as bad as Garcia.

True, but our defenders tend to get carded as they're always exposed. Pique would've gotten a second yellow if he wasn't subbed, and I'm sure Mingueza would easily get carded too if he's completely exposed. Not excusing Garcia, but we have a strong problem with our defense.

Richard.H

They saw a free player with some qualities (even if those are doubled by some humongous flaws). Free players are often like finding money on the streets. You can find a tenner, or a 20 dollar bill, but almost never a briefcase filled with cash.

There is still a salary to offer to the player not to mention other free CB's you can scout. If anything you could even play B team CB's and they still would be about same level as Garcia. No salary to worry about there. There is no clear plan with current Barca

pregra

That stepover and touch from the Benfica player was almost like it went in slow motion. Still Garcia managed to be even slower.

FinBarcelonafan

You are living in a wealthy country. I usually only find cents.

Home of Barca Fans