24 - Eric García

vegitot

He barely plays for City so can not say he is better than Umtiti/Minguenza. His ability is also not something spectacular. Plus he can not compete in City, that is why he want to leave so much. Pep said something nice about him though i feel he just want to increase his value so Barca will buy with more money.

behindbrowneyes

He barely plays for City so can not say he is better than Umtiti/Minguenza. His ability is also not something spectacular. Plus he can not compete in City, that is why he want to leave so much. Pep said something nice about him though i feel he just want to increase his value so Barca will buy with more money.

I'm the last who defends him as I'd prefer to sign somebody more athletic, but that he can't compete at City is not really true. He is saying since last summer that he won't extend his contract. That's why City bought 2 CBs in summer. Things would look much better for Garcia if he had extended his contract. Of course he is last choice now. Why would City develop a player that wants to leave as long as there are other fit options? I'm sure he could compete for the 3rd CB spot if he had extended his contract. City probably would've signed only one CB in that case too.

Laplacian

He is also 5th choice because the other 4 CBs are far better than him. Ruben Dias, John Stones, Laporte, and Ake. The former 3 have been designated as one of the best CBs in Europe (Stones in 17/18 and this year, Laporte in 18/19, Ruben Dias in 19/20 and 20/21). Ake has about 5 years of playing time in the premier league. Don't be delusional trying to make up convoluted reasons to his benching just because he's a transfer target.

JamDav1982

He is also 5th choice because the other 4 CBs are far better than him. Ruben Dias, John Stones, Laporte, and Ake. The former 3 have been designated as one of the best CBs in Europe (Stones in 17/18 and this year, Laporte in 18/19, Ruben Dias in 19/20 and 20/21). Ake has about 5 years of playing time in the premier league. Don't be delusional trying to make up convoluted reasons to his benching just because he's a transfer target.

It is not as simple as 5th choice as he would probably play RCB ahead of Ake.

All of them are better than the players at Barca as well anyway that Garcia would be competing for place in squad with.

JamDav1982

Can easily claim he is better than Umtiti and Mingueza despite not playing regularly. Man City have far better CBs than Barca.

He wanted to leave before Dias was signed and before Stones came back in team when previously looking to sell him. So not all about him realising wont play. Which to be fair will be easier at Barca.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Stones was a disaster just a year ago and playing alongside Dias improved him. Ake is an LB/LCB option only. Yes, Garcia is worse than the players you described but then city's defense is just better than ours. I am pretty sure Garcia has what it takes to be at least a 3rd choice CB at Barca.

Laplacian

Stones was a disaster just a year ago and playing alongside Dias improved him. Ake is an LB/LCB option only. Yes, Garcia is worse than the players you described but then city's defense is just better than ours. I am pretty sure Garcia has what it takes to be at least a 3rd choice CB at Barca.

Stones was one of the best CBs in Europe back in 17/18 long before Dias entered City. Pep also opted to use Fernandinho over Garcia long before Garcia decided not to renew his contract. Garcia just isn't that good, mate. No use arguing over this, most of you will figure this out when he's here anyways.

malvolio

Stones was one of the best CBs in Europe back in 17/18 long before Dias entered City. Pep also opted to use Fernandinho over Garcia long before Garcia decided not to renew his contract. Garcia just isn't that good, mate. No use arguing over this, most of you will figure this out when he's here anyways.

Nah dawg, if Jammy says it then it must be true. They have Baresi, Beckenbauer and Nesta over there at City. :lol:

JamDav1982

Fernandinho played more at CB at beginning of last season when Garcia was also only 18. Garcia played more games at CB than him after the restart of last season.

Garcia is better for squad than Mingueza or Umtiti. You make out folk are heralding to come in and shore up defence immediately when other than some the usual folk that over hype La Masia that is not happening.

JamDav1982

Nah dawg, if Jammy says it then it must be true. They have Baresi, Beckenbauer and Nesta over there at City. :lol:

Ah the usual nonsense when attack folks opinions but to feart to come up with many of your own.

City have far better CBs than Barca. Simple fact.

Where do you rate Garcia in comparison to current Barca CBs? Or will you vanish and not answer when question put back on you when mock other as per usual?

malvolio

Strawman argument as usual.

Dumb and Dumberr here covering for each other.

Dumb comes in here sure of himself and declares that Garcia is sure to be better in Barcelona than what we already have. I ask him how is he so sure about it and proceeds to evade the answer like Garcia was some Nesta and it was evident that he's the real deal.

I tell him that Garcia is 5th choice at City and even though he might pe promising, it's not a sure thing he will do better in Barcelona.

Dumberr proceeds to follow in his master's footsteps and tells us that actually Garcia doesn't play because of his contract situation with City.

I point out that City already has 4 CBs more experienced, with higher value and better overall. He wouldn't get in the team regardless.

It's that enough of an explanation for you boys? Do you want me to draw it also?

Jammy, if you want to believe that just say so. You don't need to make a circus out of it, like I'm the one lying down bold claims in here and then evading explanations.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Dumb and Dumberr here covering for each other.

Dumb comes in here sure of himself and declares that Garcia is sure to be better in Barcelona than what we already have. I ask him how is he so sure about it and proceeds to evade the answer like Garcia was some Nesta and it was evident that he's the real deal.

I tell him that Garcia is 5th choice at City and even though he might pe promising, it's not a sure thing he will do better in Barcelona.

Dumberr proceeds to follow in his master's footsteps and tells us that actually Garcia doesn't play because of his contract situation with City.

I point out that City already has 4 CBs more experienced, with higher value and better overall. He wouldn't get in the team regardless.

It's that enough of an explanation for you boys? Do you want me to draw it also?

Jammy, if you want to believe that just say so. You don't need to make a circus out of it, like I'm the one lying down bold claims in here and then evading explanations.

Calma and try being a bit more coherent before your usual schtick. Not a good look.

Lets see how your boys Umtiti and Mingueza fair going forward.

None of what your saying is relevant...when the comparison is Garcia to the current Barca CBs he would be replacing in squad.

City have better CBs than Barca. Simple fact.

Home of Barca Fans