24 - Eric García

FinBarcelonafan

Wouldn't be much of a difference anyway in terms of the end result, even if we signed him. League is still out of touch, facing great odds in the CL and the Copa? Meh.

True true. Just frustrated with the situation.. So annoyed by Covid and stupidness what caused our downfall and now we can't afford couple million to sign a player.

JamDav1982

Wouldn't be much of a difference anyway in terms of the end result, even if we signed him. League is still out of touch, facing great odds in the CL and the Copa? Meh.

If having Garcia for 2/3 million gets Barca to second in league or past PSG it pays off massively.

Never about just saving the 2/3m it was looking at what was best move to help team and potentially improve finances.

He is better than Umtiti/Mingueza and on this form Lenglet.

Should have done it even if meant Todibo going for 2/3m.

malvolio

Ok if you dont know just leave it and agree or disagree whatever feel comfortable with.

:lol: throwing your toys out the pram?

so you just wrote some bold claim that you can't really explain and that's it.

garcia is 5th CB option at city and suddenly he's starter material for barcelona.

let's say he would be better than those 3 you mentioned. maybe he would be just as exposed as them in our current setup. ever thought about that?

i could understand the claim if we were getting a player that starts week after week for a club(doesn't have to be a big team) and performs well there.

JamDav1982

garcia is 5th CB option at city and suddenly he's starter material for barcelona.

let's say he would be better than those 3 you mentioned. maybe he would be just as exposed as them in our current setup. ever thought about that?

Nah I think you need to learn what 'throwing toys out pram' means... the exact opposite.

Your usual is challenge other opinions then vanish when asked for your so all good and no debate needed. Agree or disagree its all good and toys still in pram.

malvolio

Nah I think you need to learn what 'throwing toys out pram' means... the exact opposite.

Your usual is challenge other opinions then vanish when asked for your so all good and no debate needed. Agree or disagree its all good and toys still in pram.

so you wrote something that didn't explain your initial claim, just to have the last word?

JamDav1982

so you wrote something that didn't explain your initial claim, just to have the last word?

The 'last word' part makes no sense but yes I wont be explaining anything to you as I said so feel free to agree or disagree.

Dont care about last word so I grant you permission to take that on this one.

Im oot.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

i could understand the claim if we were getting a player that starts week after week for a club(doesn't have to be a big team) and performs well there.

he is 5th choice largely because he didn't renew. Would get much more playing time if he decided to stay at City and Pep rated him last year. It is logical that Pep wouldn't play a guy who is leaving in the summer. I think ability-wise he is better than Umtiti and Mingueza at least. With regular playing time, he could overtake Lenglet pretty quickly, which would make him 3rd best CB after Pique and Araujo. His physique is a possible weakness, however.

malvolio

he is 5th choice largely because he didn't renew. Would get much more playing time if he decided to stay at City and Pep rated him last year. It is logical that Pep wouldn't play a guy who is leaving in the summer. I think ability-wise he is better than Umtiti and Mingueza at least. With regular playing time, he could overtake Lenglet pretty quickly, which would make him 3rd best CB after Pique and Araujo. His physique is a possible weakness, however.

is he better than stones, dias, laporte or ake? doubt it he "get much more playing time", regardless of the contract situation.

so you and jammy are just speculating that the 5th CB at city is better than what we have.

Home of Barca Fans