24 - Eric García

soul24rage

Both the agent and the player know the financial situation of the club.

If they want to go through this route, I'd say forget about them and move on.

khaled_a_d

Maybe de la Pena is testing the waters for how much Barca now want Garcia and will fight for signing. Even if not to up the cash but to make effort to show how much still wanted.

CB situation has changed a fair bit since last summer.

That is possible, especially considering Laporta was the one who vetoed to sign him in January (according to rumors at least) c

Andresito

Staff member
Thought he was the leader Barca always needed returning for the love of the club?

That is the narrative by the folk who think hyping every young player makes them a staunch cule.

If it is true let him go somewhere else. Barca held of signing him to save money not to give it to him in summer.

Relax, he's coming.

Tbf , It's literally one guy here who is running that narrative. But It wouldn't surprise if that's how the majority on twitter thinks.

Before this season City having trouble with their backline was almost a constant , yet he never managed to breakthrough and at times Pep was using a DM (Fernandinho) instead of him. If he wasn't from La Masia no one would give a shit about him.

I recently wrote about that, you referring to me?

If so, you should re-read my posts and highlight exactly what I'm bringing out as positives around him, and what he needs to improve.

Porque

He will be pretty good as the middle CB in a back three imo. Good positioning, good on the ball and seems like an organizer. Most importantly plenty of protection.

Messi983

Football has changed in last 10 years though. If Pique would be 21 now starting his career on a top level I think odds of him having the same success he's had are pretty low. Sure, he'd still be a good player but would struggle defending against faster modern days strikers.

He will be pretty good as the middle CB in a back three imo. Good positioning, good on the ball and seems like an organizer. Most importantly plenty of protection.

Where would you play Araujo then?

Andresito

Staff member
Wasn't aimed at you.I actually agreed with most of your post you made (didn't he get his coaching license already?)

I actually thought you were joking first. But apparently he's been working with City's U11's so you may be right, although I doubt he's finished already.

Porque

Where would you play Araujo then?

I don't know. I don't think he will be nearly as limited on the ball in a back three but if we're building through the back with Pique and then de Jong then it is a tough one. But defensively he is our best CB and you would have to imagine that the best bet is to play him and let him improve confidence.

Same question to pose with Frenkie I guess. Does he stay as the central CB and rotate between there and midfield depending on Griezmann coming in/out depending on the opposition. Does he move to the right of the three CBs where you would expect him to be infinity better than Mingueza?

Gnidrologist

Sure, he'd still be a good player but would struggle defending against faster modern days strikers.
The myth about "modern day strikers" strikes again. Guess peak Ronaldo, who he pocketed most of the time wasn't a modern day striker. Obviously it's not only about single defender, it's how the team works in synergy. Not even likes of Maldini worked like lone wolfs, who neutralized strikers on their own. Most great CBs, we remember still, played for great teams.

Home of Barca Fans